Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is this right??  (Read 1774 times)

hoss8640

• Smokey Joe
Is this right??
« on: July 12, 2015, 11:14:09 AM »
Getting ready to break down the MBH for a cleaning and I see this this is on one side and this is on the other.... I thought it was pressed on clips on both sides?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregS

• WKC Performer
Re: Is this right??
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 11:38:42 AM »
replacement hub caps are available at most hardware stores.

I only use kettles with lid bales.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 12:02:02 PM »
replacement hub caps are available at most hardware stores.

Downside might be a helluva lot of places , large & small, don't carry the right size....in Black.....white, red, yellow, yes, but Black is actually hard to find.... :o 
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 12:08:21 PM »
at my ace the 3/16" come with white plastic, but you can swap the plastic part from the black 1/2" or 5/8", whichever it is that comes with the black plastic. 

it's just the metal ring inside that performs the function of holding on the wheel. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Craig

• WKC Mod
Is this right??
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 12:09:01 PM »
Those had to be "owner installed" at some point. The 3/8 black ones are hard to find at the local stores. Weber sells them in packs of 3. Otherwise the only 3/8 ones you can find in most stores are the white plastic OR the 50s-60s era metal hubcaps in 3/8.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 12:19:21 PM »
Those had to be "owner installed" at some point. The 3/8 black ones are hard to find at the local stores. Weber sells them in packs of 3. Otherwise the only 3/8 ones you can find in most stores are the white plastic OR the 50s-60s era metal hubcaps in 3/8.

......or, the metal 1/2" that I just happen to have on hand in anticipation of a 26" Wood Dale landing.....

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

hoss8640

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 12:41:35 PM »

Yeah I'm afraid the one side was welded to the rod.... I might just buy a replacement triangle....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk