Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: For Performer owners with Cajun Bandit stacker  (Read 1709 times)

jaycee213

• Smokey Joe
For Performer owners with Cajun Bandit stacker
« on: July 09, 2015, 06:38:02 PM »
Not sure if any of you figured this out but when using the CB stacker with your performer and using the snake fuse fire method I always get higher temps from the side thats burning. Today was my first time using the CB stacker and I smoked some fish. what i noticed was the temps on the side of the fuse that was burning was 40 degrees higher then the opposite side, so I was going to reposition my grill grate 180 degrees so that it evens out the cooking, but right then a light bulb went off in my head. All I have to do is spin the CB stacker and im good. no opening the lid or getting burned it was as simple as turning a door knob. So if any of you guys using a CB stacker and experiencing uneven heat issues just put some gloves on and spin that stacker. Also after using the CB stacker for the first time I realized i should of used the donut/minion method instead of the snake fuse, but I just started in this hobby and the snake method was the only way I knew how to maintaning a steady temp in the performer. Here are some pics of my first cook on the CB stacker SS Performer.

I drilled a hole and used the grommet from CB so i can stick my probes through there. Thats the 3/8 size and you can fit 2 probes from a mav 733. It worked out great with the receiver on the handle so I can spin away on the stacker like a merry go round.

I used 2 grill grates the top one flipped over on top of another grate to create 2 tiers for more space. I needed a little foil wrapped around the handles because the grate that came with the CB stacker had talled handles then the original weber ones.

Yellowtail on top and yellowfin tuna on bottom... Yummmmm!
Redhead SS Performer w/cajun bandit stacker
Weber Q 320
WSM 18.5

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: For Performer owners with Cajun Bandit stacker
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 08:53:16 PM »
The fish looks amazing!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 05:38:48 AM »
@jaycee213

The smoked fish looks amazing! Thanks for the CB Stacker tip too.

I'm heading out this Sunday, to take advantage of the incredible local fishing we have been having so far this year. BFT, YFT and YT on the local banks!

jaycee213

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 10:44:50 AM »
@Jason
Thanks, Im actually headed out tonight on an overnight fishing the Clemente. Its been an insane season for fishing in Socal.
Redhead SS Performer w/cajun bandit stacker
Weber Q 320
WSM 18.5

SixZeroFour

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 10:48:45 AM »
Great tip and excellent photos jaycee213 ! Thanks for sharing!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E