Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Polish  (Read 1511 times)

Bigdave

• Smokey Joe
Polish
« on: July 02, 2015, 08:26:42 PM »
Going to pick up a gently loved coper OTG in morning. I have one question what do you use to polish up your kettles and make them shine like a new penny.

Thanks,  Dave

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Polish
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 08:41:11 PM »
Big Dave, go to the front page, not the forums but the WKC title page & near the bottom therwe's a step-by-step from 604 (Matt) that details how to detail !!!!

http://weberkettleclub.com/weber-grill-restoration-interior-and-exterior-kettle-cleaning/

There is also triangle, wheel & ash pan stuff so if anything goes amiss, it can be cleaned up almost like new.....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 08:45:03 PM »
Dave most use 0000 steelwool and water with dishsoap most will use Dawn, scrub it down rinse it and maybe wipe it down, although here it may dry faster than you can wipe!

To save you the hassle you can swing by my place and i'll take care of it for you! Lol

On edit you can do what buckie said! ;D ;D
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Bigdave

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 09:37:04 PM »
@1911Ron  LOL I was thinking the same thing as I was reading it......WAY hot out right now. I looked the gauge on my black kettle that is siting in the sun. 137 inside the kettle at 4:00 pm today. Mind you there has not been a fire in for 2 days.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 10:40:22 PM »
@1911Ron  LOL I was thinking the same thing as I was reading it......WAY hot out right now. I looked the gauge on my black kettle that is siting in the sun. 137 inside the kettle at 4:00 pm today. Mind you there has not been a fire in for 2 days.
Yep pre heat your kettle, it saves on charcoal! :o ;D ;D
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......