Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: rmote therometer  (Read 3569 times)

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Re: rmote therometer
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 12:29:20 PM »
Good choice. I think the K.I.S.S. Rule applies with this model and that's why it's so popular
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

CCP Performer

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 05:52:11 PM »
@TheDude
I also have the 732, and maybe I'm the only one with this problem, but the cable leads get brittle over time, be careful not to kink them because they look fine but won't report temps correctly. Hence I have a couple spare cable leads that also are longer which is a added bonus. I also throw a sandwich bag over the transmitting unit if the weather is questionable, I think that's saved my 732 a couple times due to an unexpected rain shower.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 07:21:45 PM »
@TheDude
I also have the 732, and maybe I'm the only one with this problem, but the cable leads get brittle over time, be careful not to kink them because they look fine but won't report temps correctly. Hence I have a couple spare cable leads that also are longer which is a added bonus. I also throw a sandwich bag over the transmitting unit if the weather is questionable, I think that's saved my 732 a couple times due to an unexpected rain shower.

There was just another thread about that. http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/remote-thermometer-probes/ I was already planning the tool hook (kinda mad I forgot it on this order). Sounds like a perfect solution.
Still need a 22” yellow