Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cookin' on an old Yella.......  (Read 1976 times)

harris92

• WKC Performer
Cookin' on an old Yella.......
« on: June 14, 2015, 02:45:18 PM »
My older daughter had a friend over.  After swimming they asked me to cook them some bbq chicken.  They went out and picked this grill.  The girls call her "Mildred".  Sweet yellow - small bowl tabs make it an early 1970's grill.  Its in beautiful original condition. Hardly a blemish on her.  The kids liked the chicken and burgers and I enjoyed using the grill.  ;)

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:52:26 PM by harris92 »

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Cookin' on an old Yella.......
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 04:47:01 PM »
Wow! That is one fine grill, chicken looks great too.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 05:19:14 PM »
@harris92 - the handle on your Yellow is amazing. The picture in the Grill Gallery is what I go by. The groove down the one side....what's the story? Did you refinish it....and how?

That particular Kettle really is amazing. I saw pictures of it sometime ago and.....it is partially responsible for my Weberitis. That and the damn Glen Blue Kettles!
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 08:18:53 PM »
Very nice!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 11:05:49 PM »
Beautiful kettle and good looking chicken!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 03:13:35 AM »

@MrHoss

Yep, its in amazing shape for its age.  The small bowl tabs are cool too.  The handle - I used walnut stain followed by three coats of varnish.  Light sanding between the coats of varnish.   :)

@harris92 - the handle on your Yellow is amazing. The picture in the Grill Gallery is what I go by. The groove down the one side....what's the story? Did you refinish it....and how?

That particular Kettle really is amazing. I saw pictures of it sometime ago and.....it is partially responsible for my Weberitis. That and the damn Glen Blue Kettles!