Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Control Knob For Weber Performer  (Read 4955 times)

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Control Knob For Weber Performer
« on: May 16, 2015, 03:23:21 PM »
I bought this lime performer a few months ago. The control knob was missing to turn the gas on and off. Bought this knob at Radio Shack and it fit perfectly.

terrymo

• WKC Brave
Re: Control Knob For Weber Performer
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 04:14:20 PM »
Looks great. Is the shaft on the regulator "D" shaped or round? Does the knob attach with a friction fit or a set screw? Thanks

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 04:58:20 PM »
@terrymo It's round shape and I have to tighten a set screw.

terrymo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 05:41:34 PM »
@argentflame thank you

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 06:19:43 PM »
Gorgeous cooker Alvin. That Green always makes me a little week in the knees.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 06:31:55 PM »
Good to know on the knob, thanks!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 08:40:25 AM »
FWIW here's a link for 247-0018 (which RS' search can't find but it comes up as 2470018) http://www.radioshack.com/control-knob/2740018.html#.VVjChmB9TKM

"set screw on one side; accepts up to 1/4inch (6.4 mm) shaft"

My dad's Performer has the original knob but it often spins, and I haven't been able to pry it off with a screwdriver.

Does anyone know if there's a set screw on the original, or is just designed to push on? I'd like to replace it with something that reliably works.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

terrymo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 10:05:16 AM »
There is no set screw on any of mine and the knobs are on there very tight. Dremel it off maybe?

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 02:45:47 PM »
@argentflame what size propane tank is that?  Is that a disposable?

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 02:33:36 PM »
@Josh G  Yes it's a 1lb disposable tank.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 10:49:08 PM »
@argentflame You have my absolute all time bucket list C&B Performer Deluxe.  I love that green.  In fact I've been looking for this model from Portland to Roseburg.  If you ever decide to sell it (at a good price to another Kettleguy grillfella), please let me know first.  We could meet in Red Bluff, have a beer, swap goods, and get back to our other kettles.  I've already bought the Limited Edition lime green Maverick ET-733.   :)
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 03:50:36 AM »
SmokingJoe, it wouldn't be cheap but you could always try calling Weber and saying you horribly damaged your beloved 2005, 2008 or 2013 grill you got from Crate & Barrel and can you buy a replacement kettle and lid? Just use the donor Performer chassis of your choice.

The relevant Grass Green part #s:

kettle: 90717
lid: 61493

(ereplacements.com won't have them anymore, but that doesn't mean Weber doesn't have a few pairs stashed away)

You could also try including a short line in your signature here. Maybe someone who has one will see it and decide to make an offer.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 04:41:16 PM »
Many thanks smoke-addict, that's a great idea (at least worth a try).  My new Maverick asked when it's kettle was getting here just today :) :)
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".