Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Help on buffing out a weird lid spot?  (Read 4290 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Help on buffing out a weird lid spot?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 02:01:14 PM »
Alright Lawrence, you funny guy.  FYI...I haven't used it in over a year!  I have two new chimneys!  Even one dedicated to the camper in Wisconsin with Weber lighter cubes!

@gunner
Hey now...as far as those blackish looking stains, I think I've seen those before on my lighter colored grills.  Oddly enough, 0000 steel wool wouldn't remove them, but if they are the same type of stain, I've had amazing luck using Cerama Bryte.  It took them right off!

http://www.amazon.com/Cerama-Bryte-Ceramic-Cooktop-Cleaner/dp/B00009WC69/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431118059&sr=8-1&keywords=Cerama+Bryte+Cooktop

Good luck!

^^^^^ Listen to this guy one of the cleanest sets of grills around....... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

gunner

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 02:57:01 PM »
Alright Lawrence, you funny guy.  FYI...I haven't used it in over a year!  I have two new chimneys!  Even one dedicated to the camper in Wisconsin with Weber lighter cubes!

@gunner
Hey now...as far as those blackish looking stains, I think I've seen those before on my lighter colored grills.  Oddly enough, 0000 steel wool wouldn't remove them, but if they are the same type of stain, I've had amazing luck using Cerama Bryte.  It took them right off!

http://www.amazon.com/Cerama-Bryte-Ceramic-Cooktop-Cleaner/dp/B00009WC69/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431118059&sr=8-1&keywords=Cerama+Bryte+Cooktop

Good luck!

Wow thanks for all the suggestions guys! @Jeff , yeah steel wool did nothing to the stain or whatever it is. It doesn't look like anything is wrong with the paint/porcelain, it just looks like some good years of dirt or whatever has settled in. Thanks for the suggestion!  ;D

SixZeroFour

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 05:39:44 PM »
Whatever you do, test it on the bottom of the bowl to see the side effects, if any.

This ^^

Some of the older pastel colors especially have a very thin top coat that can be taken down with even steel wool of you rub at it too hard. Proceed with caution!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Jack Fate

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 05:30:08 AM »
I will not touch another grill with 0000 steel wool. That cerama bryte looks like a good option. Thanks Jeff .
Scotch brite no scratch pads are a safer option.
One last thought ,Vinegar it may not work in this instance but it's one of my go to cleaners. Cheap,safe & always on hand.