Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A Visit From The FedEx Guy  (Read 4244 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
A Visit From The FedEx Guy
« on: May 08, 2015, 08:13:37 PM »
I knew this guy was coming to see me today. When he showed up I was mowing the back lawn but had time to snap this off as he was bringing the second box up the walk:

A Green 18 OTG and a Blue MT were inside:

A few months back 604 found this ER MT unused. I told him if he were to ever want to move it on to think of me. Last month I got the call. I jumped at the chance to have her especially knowing it was a lighter shade of Blue than most modern ones. This Blue has no purple pigment in it. I asked about his Green OTG...and ended up being able to buy it as well.

The Green OTG came from a balcony and the Blue MT sat in a garage with a cover on it for many years:

Time to break in one of these cookers on this beauty Spring day. At heart I'm a cooker:

What better way to Tex it up than with blue cheese burgers:

Served with Dijon mustard, shallots and arugula:

I had been told how this Blue was lighter than most modern ones but holy cow. Here's the MT beside my 2007 OTG:

Thanks for everything 6...these Kettles are flippin' beauty. Next up for them is spiffy handles and a whack of grease.

Edit: Come to think of it soon all my Kettles will be getting spiffy handles. Ha Ha.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:47:25 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Re: A Visit From The FedEx Guy
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 08:46:15 PM »
Those are nice! That blue is smurfy!

Green 18otg. That's love right there. 18otg is a must have for everyone's arsenal IMO. My personal go-to whipping horse. ...and its green...spiffy
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 09:19:16 PM »
Lovely Grills, Hoss! Can you do us a favor and retake the two blue color comparison pic in the sunlight? (without the sun going down) Thanks!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 09:30:24 PM »
Beauties!
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 09:31:39 PM »
@pbe gummi bear - the second shot in:

That's a good hour fifteen before the other shots. It's set to rain for the next 2 days so I am into next week before any more shots will be available. I'll see to it though. Also keep in mind I have a camera given to my at Christmas 3? years ago...a digital Casio...my guess it retailed for a 100 bucks.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:33:52 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 09:32:33 PM »
No worries, Hoss. Thanks!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 09:38:27 PM »
Absolutely beautiful!!!!
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 10:12:17 PM »
That blue MT is gorgeous! Happy days!
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 11:43:23 PM »
Awesome scores! Love that blue MT!

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 12:29:04 AM »
Those are some very fine looking cookers sir! I love my 18" OTG - I find myself using it more often than my 22"...

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 05:37:06 AM »
Hoss. Both grills are beautiful. I remember when Matt bought the green OTG. From the CL ad it looked like it was black.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 05:43:24 AM »
Wow, nice kettles! I can see the color difference in the shot with long shadows BEHIND them.

... It's set to rain for the next 2 days so I am into next week before any more shots will be available. I'll see to it though. ...

Actually, an overcast day might be best so long as it's not too dark. Strong sunlight produces glare and shadows, both of which mess with accurate color rendition. Cloudy days can provide an even, more controlled light.

That said, both scenarios affect color temp influences. Morning and evening sun will make things romantically "warm" and overcast days might make things a bit too blueish or subdue too much.

But if you catch a break from the rain, try it again, maybe both dry and with kettles wet from the hose. The wet will bring out some color bling, but without glare hopefully.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 05:43:54 AM »
Hoss, beautiful kettles, pictures, and food. Congrats on the acquisition!
Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2015, 03:03:42 PM »
Beautiful grills!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 04:39:11 PM »
Beautiful grills! I love the blue MT. I need one to go with my red MT.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow