Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: couple of rib-eyes  (Read 2541 times)

chuck s

• WKC Brave
couple of rib-eyes
« on: May 04, 2015, 06:52:01 AM »
It started out as just a simple grill of a couple of rib-eyes..... But as @addicted-to-smoke says "in for a penny - in for a pound"....

get the griddle on and start with butter....

Get the onions and garlic sautéed

Rib-eyes at the ready ..... Start with sea salt, pepper, garlic and then marinate - one with "cajun power" worcestershire and the other with soy/teriyaki mix

onions off to the side and sear grate in - ready for the beef!!

At the flip

Grill some homemade sour dough bread with a garlic-butter coating

Always have some wine - BTW this turned out to be a fantastic $7.00 bottle of wine!!!

Total package - showing some sliced cold tomatoes in pepper, garlic, olive oil bath (we LOVE our Garlic)

Finally the first cut

Just some simple steaks!! 

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: couple of rib-eyes
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 07:08:10 AM »
Someone's having a lot of fun with his new toys. When something needs doing, chuck s does it right.

Glad to see that is wasn't like this,

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 07:08:49 AM »
showing some sliced cold tomatoes in pepper, garlic, olive oil bath

oops ..... Boss just "reminded" me that it also had some balsamic vinegar in it too

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 08:45:29 AM »
I want to go to there.  Everything looks great!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 02:27:15 PM »
Those steaks look great!

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 05:05:00 PM »
Nice edge-to-edge pink in that steak! Very nice!

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 05:33:12 PM »
Nice edge-to-edge pink in that steak! Very nice!
thanks .... I love it when a plan comes together !! ;)

THUNDERDOME

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 09:57:11 AM »
Great lookin steaks!

Grill_Jitsu

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 05:33:05 AM »
Looks awesome, @chuck s ! I'm thinking of getting one of those sear grates... do you find that it's worth the extra $35?

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 09:44:45 AM »
Looks awesome, @chuck s ! I'm thinking of getting one of those sear grates... do you find that it's worth the extra $35?
I works great - but it is just another toy.....  I have purchased everyone of the Weber gourmet "toys" just because.... it is worth the $$ to me .....  ;D ... but if I had a hard budget I was working with I would probably look long hard at what else I needed (spelled w-a-n-t-e-d)  ::)
I'm sure you get a good sear now with decent grill markings ..... Life is compromise!! 

SixZeroFour

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 09:45:56 AM »
Nice looking grub Chuck!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Grill_Jitsu

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 04:37:06 AM »
I works great - but it is just another toy.....  I have purchased everyone of the Weber gourmet "toys" just because.... it is worth the $$ to me .....  ;D ... but if I had a hard budget I was working with I would probably look long hard at what else I needed (spelled w-a-n-t-e-d)  ::)
I'm sure you get a good sear now with decent grill markings ..... Life is compromise!!

I have no budget. Now my wife, on the other hand, is an accountant by trade and therefore likes to impose that "B" word on me from time to time...  :o

Nah I have father's day coming up so I'm trying to stock up my Amazon wishlist... let it not be said that she and the kids didn't know what to get me!  :P

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 08:19:04 AM »
Rule #1 @Grill_Jitsu

She'll ultimately support any tool you make good use of.

(and that applies to grilling, also)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch