Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Seafood Grill  (Read 1285 times)

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Seafood Grill
« on: May 05, 2015, 01:26:02 PM »
I picked up some jumbo oysters and scallops to grill.

BBQ oysters are a pretty phenomenal thing. Grill until they pop open, rip the top shell off, spoon some BBQ sauce on (we had some homemade leftover that we canned a few months ago), and cook until the sauce bubbles around the edges. You can also shuck them first, but it's a little more work. It's probably the better way to do it - since oysters cook so fast, you can be a little more delicate on them, but both ways work

I ended up skewering the scallops but that was probably overkill. They were cooked perfectly inside but didn't have as much crust or color on the outside as I would have like. Next time I would probably do them directly on the grate without a skewer, and get them on a little sooner over a hotter fire (fire died a a bit after cooking the oysters for an appetizer and getting the veggies mostly cooked). Served with some Israeli pearl couscous, grilled zucchini, green onions, and jalepeņos.

Dcloin

• Happy Cooker
Re: Seafood Grill
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 02:17:41 PM »
Looks great. I grilled some scallops this last weekend.  They also turned out great. Wish I had. Some of those oysters.

Darvin

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 03:47:01 PM »
Interesting and adventurous! Glad it worked out well.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 04:17:40 PM »
now we're talkin'..... love it - I've yet to do shells like oysters or clams .... gotta try it.   Scallops are the best!! 
BTW - Wine and Whiskey!!   Ta DA!!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 06:28:10 PM »
Those oysters look great, gotta try that soon!

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 07:04:55 PM »
Nice job! Looks delicious!

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 01:09:10 AM »
Very nice, Oysters are the best when cooked on the grill!