Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thai shrimp .........  (Read 1733 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Thai shrimp .........
« on: May 02, 2015, 03:39:00 PM »
This all went down at @chuck s ' place last night. Provisions were acquired, organized, cut, chopped, covered and labeled. The all-knowing Internet was consulted. No specific recipe was used. A plan was hatched. Excellence was produced.

Three veggies labeled "1" in the front, those labeled "2" are aft, and corn left, nearly last. In between, the scotch and beer lacked a number given that they rise above such mundane restrictions.

A full chimney of screaming lump char went into the baskets with Weber wok right above. Heat wok ... heat oil ... GO.

chuck s, he possessing the master touch in grillage, was at the helm,

first stage veggies out, garlic in,

and now shrimp, this is about 2-2.5lbs

now everything,

Thai Stir-Fry Sauce, found here: http://www.fortysomething.ca/2012/05/15_basic_stir_fry_sauce_recipes.php

2/3 cup coconut milk
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
3 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/3 to 1/2 tsp. dried crushed chili
2 1/2 tsp. brown sugar

Everything was stir-fried in safflower oil; the stir-fry sauce only came on at the end. Delicious!

short vid! --> http://vid1056.photobucket.com/albums/t378/dgdeckert/shrimp_zpswnoiizzi.mp4

First time either of us had used the Weber wok. It fed 4 adults and 2 kids (OK, I had seconds ... no I mean thirds ...) and performed like a champ. Cleaned up well with just a good food scrape/rinse afterwards.

chuck s has other Weber GBS accessories yet untried ... I have a feeling we'll be exploring them all eventually.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Thai shrimp .........
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 10:16:13 PM »

Wok-A-Billy !!!

That's the deal.....little tublets of stuff so there's no fiddling around when it goes !!!!!

Good show!!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 03:33:49 AM »
Love the teamwork and that food looks beauty from here. One of those woks is on my list of Weber goodies to get one of these days.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 03:42:13 AM »
Wow - I can still taste it!!   I had 2nd too!!   @addicted-to-smoke  is the real brains in this outfit - plus he takes grate pics!!  Thanks Buddy

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 05:17:33 AM »
Good stuff. Makes me want to get a wok.
Own: 14' Black Performer Silver , Retiring 06' Black OTG.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 05:57:34 AM »
Great looking cook there guys! Leaning more toward the wok with every posted cook.

Shafzilla

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 06:35:15 AM »
Were those precooked shrimp or raw?
"Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing."- Ron Swanson

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 07:23:33 AM »
Raw shrimp that we peeled an deveined.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch