Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The tale of three fish.  (Read 1929 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
The tale of three fish.
« on: April 18, 2015, 05:27:55 PM »
An ex sister-in-law's in town. Likes fish. We haven't had fish in a while here. I tell her about my grilling ... she wants grilled fish. And so it begins.

@chuck s has been alerted and brings over some orange roughy. Salmon is similarly engaged. But in the store something else was spotted, something none of us were familiar with or heard of, wolf fish. A tale of three fish.

Part of the scene ... on your left is some "stainless steel Performance," igniting two char baskets and a chimney. Grandpa's 18er to the right is heating up a small chimney. These are 2 of 4 kettles about to be employed. The SJ on the ground is patiently waiting, along with an unseen JJ out of frame.

This is the only shot I have of the wolf fish, at prep. This is 2lbs, split between a bradley rack (thanks again chuck s!) and a Weber 6470 small fish basket: http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6470-Original-Stainless-Basket/dp/B005LR7E56 << very handy, you can flip it with just tongs, but do NOT buy it locally like I did ($25 vs $15 with Amazon Prime, live and learn).

Roasted corn was in full effect. chuck s knows some pull-back-the-leaves-into-a-handle voodoo, all herbed up too. We cooked 6, no 7 of these and they danced around between the 4 kettles as room was need for other food.

On the JJ, with maple-glazed salmon:

You don't know it, but besides the corn sticking out is wolf fish on the 18 and breaded honey-something orange roughy frying on the SJ:

Like so:

This was after the fish was done and all corn moved to one kettle in order to start shutting down the rest:

I know what you're thinking, what could be better than pictures of roasted corn? I'm not sure, but roasted sweet peppers might be a close second. Here's the SJ performing its second act:

I might have snuck away while everyone else was working ...

The unsung hero in the image below is oven potatoes from chuck s' wife. And in the lower right corner, the hot dogs my daughter insisted upon (so I made her stay with me at the grill for them). But she still tried a little of each fish before getting ice cream.

A tale of three fish.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: The tale of three fish.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 06:47:04 PM »
I'll take a plate please!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 06:53:15 PM »
Cool cookup......gettin' that {dace} all around the kettles thing down to a science my man !!!!
                                   ^^^^^^^^^
                        [DANCE, that word was DANCE !!!!]   

PS: Send some of those pics with the corn tails stickin' out to the Weber Facebook  or show your grill page....they
 love stuff like that !!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:17:35 AM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 07:10:51 PM »
Excellent photos ATS! The colors, the food, the grills... everything looks great!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 08:11:23 PM »
As usual, it was fun and tasty but today was the first time I thought I could use a 26. Not because there was that much food necessarily but the various racks for instance consume real estate. Probably could have bought the big fish rack, put all fish on it and used one less 18.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 08:54:02 PM »
Great cook up! Love all the kettles in chorus, making beautiful music together!

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 04:19:23 AM »
It was challenging at best but a blast - note that there is nary a pic without a beer!!  Well Done to WKC Ranger - he is willing to take on any task.  Today we are going to do Stuffed Duck and Chicken at my place - Maybe I will even do a post for that one!! 

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 04:23:38 AM »
opps sorry its Addicted-to-smoke not WKC Ranger.... still learning all of these intricacies of the Weber World - I still have to stop and think when he says things like JJ  Performer SJ..... tough on us ole folk

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 05:32:49 AM »
^^ Yeah, I can see that would be ... a different kettle of fish!

(Sorry! Couldn't resist.)

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 05:43:53 AM »
Wow, great cook, and way to bring in other members, nice job!

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 06:06:31 AM »
Great looking spread! The corn looks perfect, it's got me thinking Mexican corn for dinner.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

Grill_Jitsu

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 06:38:54 AM »
Wow. These pics could be in a fancy dancy magazine! Great job to both of you and I can appreciate the brew sliding into the shots. [emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 06:40:46 AM »
It's great fun - especially when you're doing over a beer with a bud!