Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin  (Read 2473 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Rotisserie Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
« on: April 23, 2015, 02:57:58 PM »
Boneless pork loin was on sale at work and I have never done one of these stuffed...but had everything else in the fridge to do this. On top of a base of shredded cheddar I put some cilantro rich salsa then rolled it up and wrapped in bacon.

I used oak chunks for flavor. After about 2 hours:

I should have put more stuffing in the pork but the fact that I used good cheddar and the salsa had fresh cilantro in it made this quite good anyways. The SWMBO approved. I had fourth's of this so will definitely be revisiting this technique.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:02:33 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Rotisserie Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 03:02:21 PM »
That looks great !!!

No need for a ton of stuff if it keeps that moist & there are good strong flavors involved.....good show!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 03:39:53 PM »
The way you got it looking, I'd eat it without any stuffing at all! It looks super moist, and then the bacon, oh yeah the bacon...

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 04:33:52 PM »
Wow that looks awesome!
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 07:59:04 PM »
That's a gorgeous piece of meat! I haven't done a stuffed pork loin in probably 5 years, I'm way overdue. Thanks for the inspiration!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 02:32:48 AM »
Looks delicious. Some I find at the store are already sliced open, just begging to be stuffed with things like this or perhaps sausage.

You should still be able to find that lid thermo on eBay, Amazon (probably elsewhere) if the one in your M/T no longer registers accurately.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 03:41:31 AM »
You should still be able to find that lid thermo on eBay, Amazon (probably elsewhere) if the one in your M/T no longer registers accurately.

At some point in using Kettles I just got used to reading the temps right at the top vent. I have a grate thermometer and a dual Maverick that were used to figure out the difference between the vent and actual grate............now I knock 50f off of whatever the vent reads and that is what I figure my grate temp is.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 09:08:19 AM »
That looks delicious! I want to try this!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......