Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork Chop Ideas Needed?  (Read 1221 times)

cnmg432

• Smokey Joe
Pork Chop Ideas Needed?
« on: April 08, 2015, 11:56:40 AM »
I have a bunch of 1/2 inch bone in porkchops do grill this evening........What would be the best way prepare these?  Brine, marinade, seasoning (which ones), thanks for your ideas.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pork Chop Ideas Needed?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:29:50 PM »
1/2 inch is fairly thin... Remove the bone, pound them flat, salt and pepper them (add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, etc., as you like), thendunk in flour, egg, breadcrumbs. Cook medium/high indirect heat, finish over the coals if they aren't quite crispy enough.

Otherwise, do a quick salt and sugar brine and cook over really high direct heat, a few minutes per side. Mix some maple syrup and Dijon mustard and paint that on after you pull them to let them rest.

Good luck, looking forward to pics!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:32:45 PM by austin87 »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pork Chop Ideas Needed?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 12:34:30 PM »
1/2, the thinner ones....I like doing those because they go quick & you can get them to not dry out that way.....

Personally, I use something like Lawry's Marinades (lemon pepper, herb & garlic, there's a bunch of different ones), stab them all over both sides with a fork, or a Jaccard punch if you have one:

Dump 'em in a ziplock for a few hours & you can add some seasoning also, or just go directly on......

That's a small London Broil, but same concept....it was done with creole butter & Big Ron's dry rub lathered on after a marinade time....
For seasonings, just pick something you'd like to try & think for a moment if it's going to conflict with the marinade.....i.e. salty, too spicy, etc.

That give you something to go on?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"