Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoked Meatloaf and Mac&Cheese  (Read 1263 times)

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
Smoked Meatloaf and Mac&Cheese
« on: March 22, 2015, 02:42:40 PM »
 Started with some veggies and fresh herbs in the food processor

Processed them finely

Added them to the ground beef

Mixed up the ingredients after adding the spices and formed the meatloaf in a flat shape so more surface would be exposed to smoke

Onto the smoker at 375 degrees

Half way through the cooking added caramelized onions, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes and drizzled with BBQ sauce

Added the Mac&Cheese

And the cooking almost done

Finally done :)

Dinner is served

The meatloaf was nice and smoky and the Mac&Cheese was excellent!!!
I would never cook either of these dishes in the oven again and I have not done so in years :)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Smoked Meatloaf and Mac&Cheese
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 03:17:49 PM »
Mac 'n cheese is on my list. Problem is, Kraft's ubiquitous boxed kind is always my favorite and I don't like what restaurants make. So I take it the meatloaf didn't use a regular binder such as egg, bread crumbs or oats? Really like the toppings idea.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 03:34:45 PM »
Thanks Addicted-to-smoke :)
Sorry, I forgot mention; I used wheat bran and flaxseeds meal in place of breadcrumbs.

I think if you add extra sauce to the Mac&Cheese, you’d like it as much as the Kraft.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 04:53:53 PM »
I think if you add extra sauce to the Mac&Cheese, you’d like it as much as the Kraft.

Personally, I think if you just lay smoke to the Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese, you'll never do it any other way...... 8)

PS: Z....you're maybe the only person I've ever seen flop fresh tomatoes on top of cooked or almost finished cooking items....very interesting idea & as I like fresh way more than cooked, I think I'll try that !!!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:56:42 PM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 05:05:30 PM »
That looks yummy
Nice cook
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 05:27:54 PM »
Wow, looks great! I'm kind of with ats on the craft Mac and cheese, but your looks creamy and delicious!