Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Someone send a Zavondle to the Smithsonian, STAT!  (Read 4047 times)

Taz

• WKC Brave
Re: Someone send a Zavondle to the Smithsonian, STAT!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 01:25:28 PM »
This is super cool.

I used the word Americana at work while talking about why people try to save kettles. The conversation might have even been about the Price Is Right Ranch. A coworker, who is also a good friend, got bugeyed and asked "Americana!?"  He acted like I was overstating the impact of Weber kettles and didn't really understand the definition of the word. I think I'll share this post with him. Funny, he just texted me while I was typing the last line, lol.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 01:55:47 PM »
In my opinion not everything needs to be restored back to the way it was originally, and this kettle is one of them. Some items have character and soul that is lost in restoration. 
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 02:02:18 PM »
In my opinion not everything needs to be restored back to the way it was originally, and this kettle is one of them. Some items have character and soul that is lost in restoration.

I agree it doesn't need to look brand new, but you know someone who isn't familiar with them will look at it and wonder, "Gee, I bet picking up that hot lid handle would hurt!" -- not knowing they came standard with a wood handle that not only worked, but worked better than ANY of the plastic handles introduced in the '90s.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 11:07:38 AM »
Is the handle a little bent. Looks it in the photo, but I can tell for sure.
A Wonderful Family!!!