Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pickles  (Read 1236 times)

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
Pickles
« on: March 17, 2015, 11:13:02 AM »
I love pickles. I like national brands, local brands, homemade. Also enjoy pickled vegetables and eggs. Not a big fan of meats. My nickname is "pickles". The kids at kids school call me "Mr Pickles". I can thank my daughter for that one.

Anyway on to this post. I made a batch today as the local farmers market had them at a good price and they were looking good.

I use a 50/50 water vinegar ratio. Vinegar is 5% acid. Boil that with whole cloves of garlic and canning salt.

In the jars this time I added black peppercorns, coriander, mustard seed, celery seed, cumin, and fresh dill. 1 jar also had sliced horseradish in it and another had sliced jalapeņos.

And now I have to wait a few days. I can't wait to try the horseradish ones. Bet they will be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: Pickles
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 11:23:15 AM »

You're making my mouth water. I like pickles, and I'd like to try this sometime. Although, I'd probably just go out and buy a jar of pickles 'cause it's easier    ::)
Dude, relax your chicken.

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 11:36:47 AM »
It is easier to buy them, but I just love them and want them flavored my way. Also, that was a small batch, took me about 30 minutes. A large batch wouldn't take much longer though.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 01:30:09 PM »
How long do you have to wait before they are ready?
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 02:36:20 PM »
iCARRY, I am right with you.  I love all kinds of pickled veg.   Looks great.

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 04:11:17 PM »

How long do you have to wait before they are ready?
Usually a few days, they are really good after a week. If they are good, they won't last that long.