Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone try Kingsford Lump Briquets?  (Read 2192 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Anyone try Kingsford Lump Briquets?
« on: March 17, 2015, 06:51:23 AM »
https://www.kingsford.com/products/100-natural-lump-briquets/

Saw a bag at Kroger's yesterday. Don't recall the price. From their site it seems they're designed to burn longer (as opposed to K Comp, which comparatively lights/burns faster.)

Might be ideal for smoking.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Anyone try Kingsford Lump Briquets?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 07:33:50 AM »
Never seen it.  I'm assuming it's new for 2015.  I would try it, for sure.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 07:46:05 AM »
Interesting.

It's kind of a misnomer though. If it's processed into a briquette, its not lump.
They should probably just label it "less shitty kingsford"

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 08:24:24 AM »
Agreed. It's misnamed. But what is Competition mean? I've never understood that. Only when I went to their site today to look did I see a different intention for both.

I figure they're both "hardwood briquets," (so, it's still got filler) but "less shitty Kingsford" would go a long way towards letting us know what to expect.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 09:23:10 AM »
Seems fishy to me, Kingsford of all people know lump means not briquette.  I feel like its misnamed on purpose just to get the less knowledgeable person who was told to use lump to buy it.   No thanks Kingsford.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 10:16:37 AM »

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 03:12:22 PM »
This sounds kind of like Stubb's - 95% lump charcoal (ground or mixed into small pieces) with 5% vegetable binder. Stubb's has no coal, limestone, sawdust, etc.

That said, I haven't tried this. I just got 108lbs of K Comp from Costco for $45 8)

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 05:35:04 PM »
Couldn't they make lump charcoal out of briquette shaped and sized pieces of solid hardwood, and, could that accurately be called "lump briquettes"?