Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grilling work table  (Read 2468 times)

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
Grilling work table
« on: March 08, 2015, 12:42:22 PM »
well I got it finished today, a heavy duty grilling work table.

I have been thinking of doing one for a while, I wanted a table for a work surface in the grilling area I could also use for dutch oven cooking. One the sun could beat down on all it wants without destroying it during the summers here in the desert. Also the top had to be thick enough for putting lit coals on and not getting damaged.

SO, Here it is with in the garage waiting for the touch up paint to dry

let me tell you, squaring up a 3 dimensional box can be a bitch when it is just racked together and once you start a stich, you have to be sure as otherwise the grinder comes out. but it is within 1/16th square all the way around
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:56:19 PM by Jammato »
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
Re: Work table
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 12:45:10 PM »
I used all metal that I had laying around, except the top which is 40x20x3/16, I bought that for 50 bucks

all the rest I had laying around, I kinda collect metal for projects, the stuff is expensive

the metal for the legs was 27 inches long, I had got about 50 pieces of it free from a friends fab shop, so I had to weld 2 pieces together and cut them off so the height of the table would be 34 inches tall, after grinding down the welds a tad you can not notice they not one piece.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:58:57 PM by Jammato »
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 12:46:55 PM »
It took me about a week of spare time doing this and that, waiting for paint to dry etc.

I plan on adding a wood shelf down below and to make some hooks to hold utensils

and will need to make a wind screen after I find some 1/8 inch plate
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:48:50 PM by Jammato »

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 12:50:03 PM »
but right now I want to take a ride

I

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 12:54:27 PM »
I used some 1/8 squares on the bottom that I drilled out and welded some 3/8s nuts on, threaded in the bolts to so I could level the table where ever I put it, that is already proving to be a nice feature as it didn't rock as I worked on it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:54:39 PM by Jammato »

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 01:58:51 PM »
but right now I want to take a ride

I

Nice Star. Here's mine. 8)

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Grilling work table
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 03:49:10 PM »
Sweet work there Jammato! That's one heck of a table.
Charcoal baskets, tables, pretty soon you'll just be making kettles!

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: Grilling work table
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 03:51:53 PM »
Nice table - I've been thinking about making a wood framed one with a metal table to set hot cast irons on, etc.