Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: help with removing the support tod ss performer table flipup  (Read 2280 times)

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
help with removing the support tod ss performer table flipup
« on: March 04, 2015, 05:51:16 PM »
Any suggestions on how to remove the thin rod that acts as the hinge for the flip up table on a ss performer...

Flipup section to access the charcoal bin

Do you just pull and slightly bend the rod to remove from the hole it is seated in..the way it is bent to the inside of the ss fliptop is pretty tight .

Tried with bare hands and didnt seem to want to come oilut of the hole that the thin rod seats into.
Grills

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
Re: help with removing the support tod ss performer table flipup
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 06:34:53 PM »
A screwdriver used carefully gives better leverage. May have to push the rod towards one hole or the other. Seems if I recall correctly that a screwdriver worked best. Been awhile since I pulled that piece off.

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 08:56:05 PM »
You are definitly on the right track here...

Do you just pull and slightly bend the rod to remove from the hole it is seated in..the way it is bent to the inside of the ss fliptop is pretty tight .

I used a screwdriver, like Ted B suggested, to get ahold of it, and then just kinda flexed it a bit to get it out. The SS rod did not lose its shape and popped back in, when I was done with the clean-up.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 02:24:55 AM »
Thanks a bunch....okay..that process make sense...will try...but the rod is ss?  The rod has some rust showing...?
Grills

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 05:22:11 AM »
...but the rod is ss?

I can't say for sure. The one on my SS Performer didn't have any signs of corrosion, so I just assumed it was SS like the table.

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 10:22:52 AM »
rod not SS
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 09:28:48 PM »
Ok this my way to explain how to remove and install this pivot rod that secures the SS top.
First lets get a picture of what this rod looks like picture a old style recurve bow as in bow and arrow. So the two ends of the bow are inserted into the pivot holes. So to get this rod out use the screwdriver to get this rod to roll over now you can get your hand under the rod and you can pull the rod towards you till therods comes out of one the pivot holes.
To install bow the rod so you can slide the rod along the top and into the pivot holes. Then rotate this rod over till the bow part of the rod tucks up under the top into the rolled area of the forward edge of the top as looking at it from the bottom.
sorry for being so wordy.
easy

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 09:30:17 PM »
^^^ What he said. ^^^
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 06:07:58 AM »
It sounds difficult when you put into words but really not that bad as it is curved and once you have the curved side turned away from the lid you can get your hand on to it and slowly pull the rod out of the mounting hole without damaging it.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 04:54:12 PM »
Hey guys..thanks a bunch...it was extremely helpful...y
Tucked screwdriver  under rod and popped it up and pulled up until cleared the holes...

Sanded down the rust to metal and coated with mobil1
Grills