Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brisket Point On The Mini  (Read 3474 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Brisket Point On The Mini
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 03:23:35 PM »
After a hour and a half rest....the small flat section is on the left:

This little Weber is handy.....so glad the fella that had it decided it was not capable of producing sizable amounts of bbq. I was pretty sure he was wrong then and know so now:

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »
looks great! nice smoke ring.
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 06:35:07 PM »
Oh Yeah !!!

Love that part where the pieces separate.....the top of the section on the right.....just about as juicy as they come !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 01:25:59 PM »
That looks beautiful!!
Perfect smoke ring and plenty juicy. I can eat that everyday :)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 05:08:20 PM »
I wasn't done with this hunk of meat yet. Got off work midway through the afternoon so I decided to do lazy man's burnt ends. Normally I'd smoke the point for another 2-3 hours then cube it up and put it in a pan with beef drippings and smoke for another hour or so. Today I skipped the cubing part.

I had a water bath under the meat and over the coals.....starting with boiling water. Started with the meat naked for 2 hours or so flipping once. When it started to look as if it was drying out I added a pan with hot dripping with the fat side up, cut side where the flat was down.

This point sat in the fridge overnight then on my counter for a good hour coming to room temp before hitting the smoker. I have done burnt ends right away - ie. removing the brisket from the cooker and slicing off the flat and returning the point to cook more. Thing is I prefer the way I did it today. Something about the meat being in the fridge for a time between cooking phases makes a better product. I have only done about 35 brisket cooks and even fewer "burnt end" cooks but it something I have noticed.

One day soon I will drive down to Michigan and bring @LightningBoldtz a brisket point or two and do some burnt ends up on whichever of his Kettles he chooses. Eating this tonight L.B. I was wishing you could have some.....a damn good batch it was. I will bring along enough for us to feast and still leave leftovers. My wife had grilled cheese with fresh burnt ends inside and loved it.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 05:30:02 PM »
looks awesome and can't wait.....
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 06:24:24 PM »
"Thing is I prefer the way I did it today. Something about the meat being in the fridge for a time between cooking phases makes a better product."

Absolutely !!!!

I've got a theory that the fat going from cold or cool to a heated, quick render state, esp. after being held chilled for a time, makes something extra (something, perhaps un-scinetifically extra) happen.....  8) 8) 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"