Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoke EZ kettle conversion kit  (Read 3144 times)

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Smoke EZ kettle conversion kit
« on: January 23, 2015, 09:43:03 PM »
Anyone tried one of these?
http://www.smoke-ez.com
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Romulus

• Happy Cooker
Re: Smoke EZ kettle conversion kit
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 12:51:44 AM »
I came close ... but balked at the last moment ( for a couple of reasons ).

I DID go with the Cajun Bandit  22.5 " Stacker and also the Rotisserie Ring, which I figured to be a bit better bang for my buck ( because when reversed, they're both interchangeable with my WSM as well.

And they're stainless - the other isn't.

The Hanging Rack isn't bad, but not anything that couldn't be made up over here.

I was initially interested in the 26.75 " , but am now looking at another option.

Volumetric Weight is a killer, especially when coming from over there ( but I think you already know that ).

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:54:27 AM by Romulus »

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 04:39:56 AM »
Interesting product. If I were in the market for a WSM, had a kettle, and not a lot of space...this would be a contender. I hope they sell a million of em
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 01:02:51 PM »
They have been around for a few years, and I've seen them posted on other sites and the people that have them seem to be happy with them.  I'm a little skeptical of the small waterpan, but its nothing that couldn't be modified if it was an issue.

But I'm with Romulus, I've got all the Cajun Bandit schwag for the 18" & 22" WSM/Kettles that its about the only aftermarket product for the 26.75" OTG, and I'd be hard pressed to mount the center section loaded up with heavy meats with the spindly legs by Weber.

I'm planning on modding my 26'r with a Ranch frame and then, I'd feel better about a Smoke EZ, but I have an 85 gallon UDS that gets little use these days that would make the perfect hillbilly Smoke EZ clone- and the 26.75" lid and Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring fit it perfectly. I think I paid like $80 for the 85 gallon drum.

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 08:15:11 PM »
It just seems kind of pricey to me.  If space isn't an issue I don't see why you wouldn't spend a bit more and just get a WSM.