Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber knives  (Read 2702 times)

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
Weber knives
« on: January 09, 2015, 05:35:03 AM »
I picked these up recently. I haven't seen any like this before. What I've been able to learn about them so far is that back in the 70's (?) Weber decided to market high quality cutlery and contracted with Imperial to manufacture them. Imperial was putting out its' Mighty Oak line of knives to compete with the expensive European knives. They are well balanced heavy duty high carbon steel knives and sport a full tang blade with three nickel silver cutlery rivets with a Rockwell hardness of 56.5.  They supposedly take and hold an edge very nicely. The only difference between these Weber knives made by Imperial and Imperial's own Mighty Oak line is the color of the handle (darker wood was used for the Weber knives) and the name etched on the blade.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:36:46 AM by Dale Benson »
Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber knives
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 05:40:18 AM »
Very nice Dale. Where did you find them?
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 05:54:03 AM »
... Where did you find them?
I got them on eBay in October before leaving Minnesota. Here is one more photo of the info card from the Essential pack. These are pictures that I saved from the eBay listing.

Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 07:40:00 AM »
I have a very similar set of steak Weber steak knives I picked up at a local Ace Hardware by me a couple years ago.  They are very nice quality and work great.
Kettle collector AND cooker!