Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What's Your Favorite New Kettle Of The Year?  (Read 6388 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
What's Your Favorite New Kettle Of The Year?
« on: December 31, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »
It being the end of the year I am reviewing the Kettles acquired this year, (including the 2 WSM's it is 14), and I come to the question of a favorite. You gotta narrow it down to one...which one?

I really do love em' all but mine is a 74/75 Lime I call Peach.

Thanks L.B..

Happy New Year everybody.

Edit: Okay since most other folks are putting runner ups I will too.

Left to right - thumbscrew Aristocrat, PP Red and 74/75 Red:

Thanks to L.B., Harris and 604.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:00:49 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: What's Your Favorite New Kettle Of The Year?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 01:45:03 PM »
That is beautiful, I am so glad you treasure that grill.  That 40 year old grill under your care is ready for another 40 years.

I have thinned out my herd quite a bit, I do not have many at the end of the year, one of them that I have kept on purpose is my '93 Blue Master-touch.

I LOVE this grill.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 02:09:06 PM »
Hard to decide.  These four stand out for me.  Having to choose I would say the Imperial in a photo finish with the Westerner.  Simply because of the story as it was an "all nighter" that I wont soon forget.

Craig

• WKC Mod
What's Your Favorite New Kettle Of The Year?
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 02:24:33 PM »
Both nice grills for sure! This is a tough decision. Because I have acquired a number of Grails this year. I'm going to have to go with......drumroll please?.............

My 1975 Yellow.

The other (I know I'm cheating)  has to be this one.

1963 Wood Dale Hunters Pink.

AND..........This beauty!

1980 B Code Blue "Elwood"

Posing with his girlfriend.... A code Redhead

Happy New Year!

Sent from my iOS via Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:56:31 PM by Craig »

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 02:26:16 PM »
@harris92 -holy crap.....bloody hard choice there. Of all the folks on this board I would think yours would be amongst the toughest decisions. Each of those 4 are major grails. That said I would go with the old Blue beauty too.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 03:46:45 PM »
All very nice kettles gang !!!!

I'll go with the very last two......

The 26" that Argent helped out with.....
So nice to have a big area available !!!!

And the Lemon that Mirkwood grabbed & gifted to me.....

This thing is Soooooo tight......cooks great & shuts down amazingly quick......the vents are the nicest ones I have on any kettle.......

The reason these two get the call is that not only are the demonstrative of the WKC spirit, but, for most of the time I've been here, these were the two items that were rolling around in the back of the brain pan as "THE" ones that would somehow make life complete.......still in shock that both of them land at the Kettle Orphanage within a few days of each other !!!!!

Have a great NYE.....safe & sane folks !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 04:03:27 PM »
My Gray MT
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 04:15:07 PM »
Some beauty kettles everyone!  I gotta say that 2013 brought more colour to my stable than 2014 ….

However, with some help from @landgraftj, this PP 'cado was my very first of 2014, and is my favourite, for sure.

Keeping with the WKC motto of Rescue, Restore, Respect, I did my best to rescue some beat up kettles … and breathe new life into them.

I really like the "M" code Outrider that I rescued.  It's in fine shape for a first-year edition.

I also had lots of fun with some fabricating.

The side tables are so useful.

And lets not forget the Kettle Fire Pit.

I got more ideas floating around for the winter … waiting for spring.

HNY everyone!  Keep making the Rescues happen.  The members thanks you.  :D :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 09:48:37 PM »
Just snagged this EO code (MT?) with extras and a premium cover. It's been sitting for the last 12 years
and needs some love but is pretty clean considering it had wet ash concrete sitting in it.
Looks like it has one chip on the rim of the lid but otherwise chip free, this is the image from the ad
and I will get more thorough images in the next few days before I start the clean up.

AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 10:19:55 PM »
no question, my favorite kettle of the year goes to my favorite kettle, my NYG smokey joe

Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 02:28:20 AM »
Although I'm still committed to the lowly black kettle, I'd have to say this 76/77 brownie was my favorite pickup of the past year. Didn't have to go far as my SIL had done the heavy lifting, so we traded some things and it ended up in my stable. My acquisition pace has slowed, and I'm shifting focus to more of a design-and-build approach (as in Mod Month). Should have something special in that department in 2015. Until then, here's the brownie most of you have already seen - but who gets tired of seeing gorgeous kettles?  ;D

A perfect mate to a vintage kabob ring set.

Happy New Year WKC!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 04:44:43 AM »
no question, my favorite kettle of the year goes to my favorite kettle, my NYG smokey joe

Love the NFL Edition Joe.  I am on the hunt in for a Detroit Lions Smokey Joe to go along with my Lions Master-Touch.

Good Luck with your hunt.  My once used Lions Master-Touch ran me $125 so you there is a possibility that someone will clean out their storage unit.

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 04:59:22 AM »

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 05:27:49 AM »

Holy crap!!! I have never really been big on the Brownies but looking at that picture has got me thinking I am totally wrong. That right there is gorgeous Marty.

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 08:42:19 AM »

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs