Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: starter/ignition tube problems  (Read 1755 times)

scooter1972

• Happy Cooker
starter/ignition tube problems
« on: December 21, 2014, 02:53:02 PM »
Platinum Performer with ignition.  Got my first kettle about 6 month ago and love it.  the last few times ive tried to light it, the flame blows itself out and i get a little flame at the wrong end of the tube.  seems like air blows back through the tube and wont let gas to the charcoal end.  even happens if i light it with a lighter.  Any ideas?

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
Re: starter/ignition tube problems
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 04:11:02 PM »
Disconnect the propane hose at the end of the tube. Check the tube and the orifice. If those are both clean it might be the regulator. Sometimes dirt builds up on the orifice or spiders get in the tube.

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 06:29:43 PM »
This happened on mine.  I cleaned the tube and it still did it.  Then, I cleaned the brass orifice and it works well now.

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 09:32:41 PM »
Hey scooter, both of these gents are giving you the right info, check the tube for obstructions first and then
use a single clean wire from a grill brush to gently clean the brass orifice of the gas jet.
If that still doesn't seem to rectify the situation, replace the propane can with a full one and try lighting it again.
The Touch-n-Go starting system really is pretty bullet proof as there just aren't many parts to go bad.
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 04:19:30 PM »
all wisdom, up above  ^^^^^
One of the charcoal people.

scooter1972

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 01:35:00 PM »
cleaned out everything but still no go....contacting weber for warranty replacement, thanks for advice