Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: AMNPS charcoal maze?  (Read 1943 times)

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
AMNPS charcoal maze?
« on: December 17, 2014, 10:31:52 AM »
Was curious if anyone has experience with loading briquettes or lump into an AMNPS maze in a kettle or wsm and if your able to maintain a temperature in the 275- 400 range using this product. I'm looking into getting a Vortex and some Tatonka dust this week and saw they sell the maze as well. I dont do any cold smoking but the unit looks like it could provide an alternative to a snake if you can get it hot enough....
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: AMNPS charcoal maze?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 03:41:15 PM »
The maze I have is only 5.5"x8" and unless they make a larger one I would say NO.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 05:59:43 PM »
Didn't realize it was that small. much appreciated @swamprb.
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

aguyindallas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 05:59:46 PM »
If you need a hotter snake, just try going three wide on bottom, 2 wide on the second level, and maybe 1 on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Tools - 22.5 OTG, 26.75 OTG, Genesis 330, Take Anywhere Gasser, 22.5 WSM, Texas Smokemaster Offset Smoker