Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoked Chicken, Cajun Prosciutto Shrimp, Sausages, Virgin Ribs, & Poke Chops!  (Read 2333 times)

eccj

• WKC Brave
I caught some amazing deals on meat this week so I decided to do a big cookout for the family!

I brined my ribs & pork chops for about 4hrs! This was my first time cooking ribs!

After I got that going I trimmed the skin & fat off of the chicken. I rubbed them heavily with Weber Kicking Chicken!

This is the rib tips & shrimp!

Next I started rubbing my ribs. I used Brown Mustard & McCormick Applewood Rub.

This was my nieces plate! :D

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Awesome cook. What a feast.

SixZeroFour

The second I read the post title noting "cajun prosciutto shrimp" my mouth started watering - no need for pictures!

I might actually make these tonight and can't believe this combo never crossed my mind!

Great looking ribs & chicken too!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
That's a whale of a big cookup right there.......stuff looks grate !!!!!!

How'd you like the applewood rub on ribs?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

eccj

• WKC Brave

eccj

• WKC Brave
That's a whale of a big cookup right there.......stuff looks grate !!!!!!

How'd you like the applewood rub on ribs?
Thanks sir!  It definitely did the ribs justice! I bought them on sale from Sams & the guy in the meat suggested that I soak them in Salt water for 45 mins rinse them off & cook them immediately since they were " on sale meat"! Normally I'd have taken his advice and then froze them. But, I was tired from working & didn't feel like making space in my freezer!

When I took them out to wash them and brine them (4 days later),  I started to take them back but I remembered how my dad used to soak deer in Salt water overnight to draw out the blood & gamey taste. I figured they would come out fine if I had enough salt in the brine (which they did).

Taste wise I gave them an 8 without sauce (because of the condition of the meat) & a 9.5 with the sauce! They were very juicy and had just the right amount of crust on them!

I used Pecan as I have plenty of it around,  but I'm going to experiment with some different fruit woods and with mesquite a little.  I have some of the mini logs from Academy.

I have already decided that I need to learn how to make my own rubs because look at this...

Both of these were full when I started cooking yesterday!  That can start to add up after a while! Lol So any advice or recipes that you gentlemen can share with me,  it would be greatly appreciated!  :D

eccj

• WKC Brave
The second I read the post title noting "cajun prosciutto shrimp" my mouth started watering - no need for pictures!

I might actually make these tonight and can't believe this combo never crossed my mind!

Great looking ribs & chicken too!
You're welcome to my Brotha!  One suggestion though. Go light on your seasoning, dip them in a little unsalted Butter,  and if they're regular (med/large) sized shrimp only use half of the slice of Prosciutto as it's a naturally salty piece of meat!  You might also consider adding a tablespoon of maple syrup (since you're a Canadian) or honey to balance the saltiness!  ;) That's what I'm going to do next time!

eccj

• WKC Brave
So after reading the back of this Applewood Rub bottle,  it appears that the special ingredient is Applewood smoke!  Does Anyone have a recipe for creating "dried wood smoke"? I'm sitting here chuckling to myself because it sounds preposterous!  Lmao!!!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
So after reading the back of this Applewood Rub bottle,  it appears that the special ingredient is Applewood smoke!  Does Anyone have a recipe for creating "dried wood smoke"? I'm sitting here chuckling to myself because it sounds preposterous!  Lmao!!!

OK......check into this thread here:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/other-recipes/smoked-corn-and-black-bean-salsa/msg13616/#msg13616

See how I've got the little aluminium criss-cross expanded metal screens angled slightly & clamped together?

Get some stainless steel (don't use the regular cheap crap as it might be galvanized) screen door material from Home Depot or the like, angle it a bit, or even maybe clamp three sheets together , lay out whatever spices you'd like & smoke them gently at a low heat........smoked sea salt & other spices come out great that way...... .... couple hours & it'll flavor nice.......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

eccj

• WKC Brave

OK......check into this thread here:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/other-recipes/smoked-corn-and-black-bean-salsa/msg13616/#msg13616

See how I've got the little aluminium criss-cross expanded metal screens angled slightly & clamped together?

Get some stainless steel (don't use the regular cheap crap as it might be galvanized) screen door material from Home Depot or the like, angle it a bit, or even maybe clamp three sheets together , lay out whatever spices you'd like & smoke them gently at a low heat........smoked sea salt & other spices come out great that way...... .... couple hours & it'll flavor nice.......
Thanks Brotha! #goodstuff

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
Nice job on the BBQ I'm sure it was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

GregS

• WKC Performer
looks amazing!
I only use kettles with lid bales.