Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: compatible regulators and ignitors between performer gens  (Read 1413 times)

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
compatible regulators and ignitors between performer gens
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:53:57 AM »
Anyone know if the regulator and ignitor is compatible bw the ss and gen3 performer models?
Grills

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: compatible regulators and ignitors between performer gens
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 12:08:40 PM »
Not really.

On the later (non-SS) models, the regulator and gas valve are integral, since the newer ones use the small 1lb tank that just hangs from that. So, different shape, different application. For the pre-'13 models still with a piezo starter that might be the same but the wiring lengths are different.

Which grill are you trying to fix?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 12:37:46 PM »
Ss performer....was wondering if buying a used newer gen gas assist would help have parts value towards ss performer....

Your response isbwhat i was thinking...the reg line/ hose would be diff shape/length and not fit correctly
Grills

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 02:54:48 PM »
I have used the hose on both my SS and new performer. THE HOSE FIT ON THE TUBE AND WILL MAKE FIRE. They are interchangeable at the kettle side. Mounting of the bottle is a different story. I'm a honey badger sometimes and just wanted it to work/see if it would work and didn't care that it looked stupid for that amount of time I was lighting my chimney.

I hope I'm not providing misinformation. Mods may be in order. But that hasn't stopped any of us...has it. Wiring is easily extended. Bottles and hoses can be mounted. Use a fire extinguisher mount. Use a bicycle water bottle holder.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 03:07:44 PM »
 Thanks..helpful..any pics of your mod to share?
Grills

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 04:04:12 AM »
I didn't mod anything. I just set it on the bottom of the cart. I removed it. I don't use the gas start function.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.