Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My "new" Roti has arrived !!!!!!  (Read 4148 times)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
My "new" Roti has arrived !!!!!!
« on: December 02, 2014, 08:33:17 AM »
A special thanks to @TexasOnion who PM'ed me a link to the CL ad and to @fedex who graciously agented this for me.Ad was for a 22.5 Kettle with roti and some other stuff for $40.

Small square tabs

Not having a clue, I moved the washer and put it in the wrong place

FedEx did a great job packing the roti up and he even included a little bonus!!

I'm not sure if there was ever a counterweight with this roti, but there isn't one now.  Is it something that I should try and pickup ?  Or just not worry about it?

Thanks again to TexasOnion and FedEx.  There's a chicken sitting in my freezer ready to be sacrificed as soon as I get the roti cleaned up a bit!!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 07:35:05 PM by demosthenes9 »

SixZeroFour

Re: My "new" Roti has arrived !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 09:49:59 AM »
If you're going to be doing larger birds like Turkeys I would try to track down the counterweight - otherwise for smaller items like a chicken you'll prob be ok, just centre/balance the meat as best as possible on the spit.

What a sweet deal and nice teamwork fella's!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 10:00:56 AM »
If you're going to be doing larger birds like Turkeys I would try to track down the counterweight - otherwise for smaller items like a chicken you'll prob be ok, just centre/balance the meat as best as possible on the spit.

What a sweet deal and nice teamwork fella's!

Not sure about doing a turkey any time soon, but a whole Prime Rib or Strip Loin is definitely on my mind.  Guess I'll have to see if I can try and find the counterweight.

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 02:05:56 PM »
Glad it got there in good condition.  I called the lady who had it and she had no clue about the counterweight.  I've had my Roti for 5 yrs and last Thursday was the first time I needed it (13# Turkey).  Prime Rib (15-18#), 10# Pork Butts, Chicken no problem just Truss and center them.  BTW, you'll never cook a Prime Rib any other way once you spin it on the Roti.  One other thing, I donated the Kettle to the Cypress Senior Center.  after I gave it a nice little clean up I decided it was way to nice to put on the UDS pile.

COUNTER WEIGHT

Check this place out:  http://www.onegrill.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=counter+weight&Search.x=7&Search.y=8

Lots of aftermarket roti stuff.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 02:21:19 PM by fedex »
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

SixZeroFour

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 02:15:05 PM »
Good on ya Bob! Very cool move...

I'm sure that generosity will come back 2 fold via kettle karma!

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 02:15:26 PM »
I do two chickens without the counterweights with ease.

You can also get a bigger motor.

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 03:26:28 PM »
What motor is that?
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »

What motor is that?

Gleason Avery - they aren't cheap, but built like a tank.

http://www.gleasonavery.com/catalog/rotisserie-motors.html

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 06:10:38 PM »
$40 was a bargain!  congrats!
I only use kettles with lid bales.

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 06:11:48 PM »
Recently bought a Weber counter weight direct from them. Need to order two parts, the weight and the weight bale wire:

Part #     Part Description                                Qty    Item Price     Item Total
------    --------------------------------------------     ---    ----------     ----------
86194      Counterweight (wire) for Rotisserie manufact      1           $5.00          $5.00
86195      Counterweight for Rotisserie manufactured 19      1           $9.79          $9.79

SixZeroFour

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 06:21:16 PM »
Recently bought a Weber counter weight direct from them. Need to order two parts, the weight and the weight bale wire:

Part #     Part Description                                Qty    Item Price     Item Total
------    --------------------------------------------     ---    ----------     ----------
86194      Counterweight (wire) for Rotisserie manufact      1           $5.00          $5.00
86195      Counterweight for Rotisserie manufactured 19      1           $9.79          $9.79

WTF?!? I was quoted much higher for these pieces! Might have to try again tomorrow with these part #'s and/or hope for another rep  :-[

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 06:30:43 PM »
I also needed the hanging loop and decided to get a new keyhole washer and treated myself to a new handle. Parts and prices here for reference:

2334       Hanging loop, painted.                            1           $5.00          $5.00
4086922    Keyhole washer for Rotisserie pltd. assembly      1           $5.00          $5.00
86193      Handle (wood) for Rotisserie manufactured 19      1           $5.00          $5.00

I spent $20 on missing parts for my $25 eBay roti. Not including new handle and keyhole washer, which were actually fine.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 06:33:32 PM by ClubChapin »

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 07:40:20 PM »
Glad it got there in good condition.  I called the lady who had it and she had no clue about the counterweight.  I've had my Roti for 5 yrs and last Thursday was the first time I needed it (13# Turkey).  Prime Rib (15-18#), 10# Pork Butts, Chicken no problem just Truss and center them.  BTW, you'll never cook a Prime Rib any other way once you spin it on the Roti.  One other thing, I donated the Kettle to the Cypress Senior Center.  after I gave it a nice little clean up I decided it was way to nice to put on the UDS pile.

COUNTER WEIGHT

Check this place out:  http://www.onegrill.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=counter+weight&Search.x=7&Search.y=8

Lots of aftermarket roti stuff.

WRT the counterweight, it's possible she never had it.   Sweet move on donating the kettle.   You sure did have her looking pretty!!

TexasOnion

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 12:38:37 PM »
FEDEX GOOD KARMA WILL SURELY COME YOUR WAY//// TY

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 01:47:12 AM »
Finally got a chance to test the Roti out with a chicken.  Absolutely wonderful.

Did notice quite a nice gap between the roti ring and the kettle in some places.  Not sure how much of an issue that will be.