Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: kettle pizza  (Read 2350 times)

michael demeo

• Happy Cooker
kettle pizza
« on: October 17, 2014, 06:59:06 PM »
interested in buying kettle pizza.is it worth it?how well does it work?

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: kettle pizza
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 10:27:32 AM »
I personally think it's awesome.  However, I scored a NIB unit for $60 in the summer of 2013.

A few minor, inexpensive mods and it cooks some fine pies. A little trial 'n error the first few times, but that's half the fun.

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 10:32:20 AM »
Like mine quite a bit. Well worth it once you dial it in.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 10:51:35 AM »
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

HungryBear

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »
Hello everyone,
I just get my first Weber Kettle, a One-Touch® silver 18.5. Up until now I have been using a Weber Char Q. Its a great grill. However, it is less than ideal when it comes to cooking pizza. I plan on purchasing a kettle pizza. I am wondering if there any advantages of taking both grills on camping trips. Can the One Touch do everything the Char Q can do? Please, note the cargo bay of my Xterra is only so big. Likewise, the cargo capacity of my small trailer is limited. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 10:38:31 AM »
@HungryBear

Not sure if there's a K Pizza ring for the 18's, but maybe.....

As far as taking them along goes, personally, I'd try for both, but either one would do.....

Questions might be:

How many are you cooking for?

You're more familiar with the Q, so is that a consideration when doing up various dishes?

This might help when it comes to doing up a bunch on the 18.....whole dinner in a rotation cookup:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/previous-don't-really-need-all-those-kettles-just-one-18-12'-5/msg7900/#msg7900

....and....Welcome Here !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 06:02:26 PM »
Try 2 firebricks laid down on the cooking grate, with pizza stone before investing in a Kettle Pizza. I'm not saying it's perfect but it works well. The firebricks block excess heat from burning the bottom/middle and raise it a notch to better finish the toppings. You'll still need plenty of heat for it to work, and the 18's flatter lid design works well here.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 11:10:19 AM »
My kettle pizza is adjustable and will fit 18's and 22's
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank