Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Metal performer table swap info  (Read 17132 times)

gunner

• WKC Brave
Re: Metal performer table swap info
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 01:08:50 PM »
The new metal tables will fit on any performer that has a plastic table. The first time I called and tried to order one the lady told me it wouldn't fit on the older performers and they weren't selling them individually. I called back a few days later and just told the guy I wanted to order part #65189. He looked it up sold it to me with no questions asked. I feel like you just need to get the right person on the phone.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 09:50:44 AM »
This is fantastic!  Thanks for the post, I'm going to order one this weekend. 

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 12:03:18 PM »
Why not get a new lid bail and see if it fits 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 12:50:16 PM »
Does the new metal table ship with the black bolts to attach it to the frame? @gunner

gunner

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 12:53:59 PM »
Does the new metal table ship with the black bolts to attach it to the frame? @gunner

Yup  ;)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 01:23:24 PM »
Thanks gunner.

Here's also ereplacements' link: http://www.ereplacementparts.com/table-granite-p-1477500.html

Guessing that dealing with Weber is cheaper if not faster.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 01:31:40 PM »

Yup  ;)

Thanks!

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 03:05:19 PM »
I called CS and they told me it was different hole pattern and if i was to drill my bowl that void my warringty.

gunner

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 05:04:48 PM »
I called CS and they told me it was different hole pattern and if i was to drill my bowl that void my warringty.

@Easy , the newer metal tables fit perfect and you do not need to drill new holes...see this thread below..

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/metal-performer-table-upgrade/msg139516/#msg139516

hogsfan

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2015, 06:42:33 PM »
The new table fits fine. The way the customer service person sounded, it seemed like it's deeper in the notes than they expect "That won't fit on the older grills...Oh, it looks like I'm reading here that it actually DOES fit." I don't think the customer service reps are used to swapping parts like that so those who say it does not are just assuming because typically they won't.

However, the lid bail does NOT fit and I couldn't get them to send it to me. The table fit great!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 08:16:03 PM »
@CSTampa   

Check back in on this thread if you haven't yet......

The new table fits fine. The way the customer service person sounded, it seemed like it's deeper in the notes than they expect "That won't fit on the older grills...Oh, it looks like I'm reading here that it actually DOES fit." I don't think the customer service reps are used to swapping parts like that so those who say it does not are just assuming because typically they won't.

However, the lid bail does NOT fit and I couldn't get them to send it to me. The table fit great!

The new metal tables will fit on any performer that has a plastic table. The first time I called and tried to order one the lady told me it wouldn't fit on the older performers and they weren't selling them individually. I called back a few days later and just told the guy I wanted to order part #65189. He looked it up sold it to me with no questions asked. I feel like you just need to get the right person on the phone.
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 08:54:36 AM »
Gunner excuse me I was replying about installing the new bale for the lid. That requires drilling .
sorry for the confusion.

CSTampa

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 07:24:45 AM »
@CSTampa   

Check back in on this thread if you haven't yet......

Thanks for your help. One last question, do I need a new bin chain and screw or will the old one work.   

Thanks again.

Chuck

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2015, 07:35:36 AM »
That I don't know......my only Performer is wood, so one of these other folks will have answer that....

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

CSTampa

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 07:44:33 AM »

Gunner, thanks for your help. 

Will the old bin chain set up work or do I have to order a new one?