Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My home made Smokenator  (Read 2746 times)

iamdan

• Smokey Joe
My home made Smokenator
« on: November 04, 2014, 09:00:58 PM »
Hi everyone I am new to the board but wanted to share my home made smokenator (well made it at work actually).  After selling my BGE and moving back to a kettle I wanted to still have the ability to do butts and ribs etc. so after seeing reviews on the Smokenator I decided to make my own to save bucks and to see if it would really work.  I did not have the ability to bend the heavier gauge stainless steel we had a work but luckily I had found a pic of someone that did a 2 pieced interlocking tab design so I went that route.  Generated the drawing on our Cad software and first mocked it using paper board then finally milled it out on our Gerber.  Turned out sweet and worked great.  Cooked up a 5LB butt in 9 hours and it was great.  I guess you really can do it all with a Weber!!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:46:21 AM by iamdan »

Winz

• WKC Ranger
Re: My home made Smokenator
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 09:06:50 PM »
Beautiful!  That is some fine work.

Welcome to the WKC.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 02:33:57 AM »
Hi @iamdan,

Sounds interesting. Pls re-verify your image addresses. They aren't showing here now?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

iamdan

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 08:46:43 AM »
Okay I think I fixed the images now, sorry about that.

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 08:55:07 AM »
You selling those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f2benny

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 11:14:20 AM »
Why not make ss tables for performers?  I'd take one.

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 02:29:54 PM »
Looks great, wish I had access to a milling machine like that something tells me this is not the last item you will be making for your kettle

iamdan

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 02:48:08 PM »
Thanks for the compliments everyone, I am going to try and have the design plasma or flow-jet cut to eliminate the hand clean-up I had to do on this one.  The idea of a SS performer table like f2benny says has already crossed my mind, I saw how the 2015 tables are metal but a stainless version would be sweet, I may have to give that a shot.

f2benny

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 04:10:24 PM »
Please do!