Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lucille And Peach Do A Photo Shoot  (Read 4336 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Lucille And Peach Do A Photo Shoot
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 07:40:28 AM »
Glue & sawdust?  Crazy.  I've gotta try that.

The handle tops were splitting when I was sanding them.  Coming apart really.  I took it easy with the sanding after seeing that but knew I had to do something to bind the wood together before staining and varnishing.  I knew wood filler would have been better but I had none so I mixed some of the sawdust from sanding with glue and put it on the backs only.  Some seeped through to the faces which I sanded off before staining.  The spots showed up through the stain so I stained again and thought I had it covered till I started varnishing.  I can see where the glue spots were on the face...not even colour throughout...but it is the way it is.  I am not gonna strip them to fix it now.  Next time no glue but rather wood filler.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

SixZeroFour

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »
Amazing job on the handles Hoss! I thought they were replacements for sure the first time I scanned the post! Now I see why it took 18 coats of spar ;)

Two beauties man, congrats!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 03:29:06 PM »
Got home today from my little procedure, (thanks for the best wishes......I got the "all clear" boys!!!), and after a little nap was looking at the light in the backyard.  Thinking that it was so similar to yesterday I quickly got Peach out of the basement and snapped more shots off.  I really do love this Kettle:

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

SixZeroFour

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 05:48:32 PM »
 :o :o :o

SWEET Photos!

... But more importantly glad you got the all clear Mike!

Take it easy!

Matt
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

dengland

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 07:00:25 PM »
Congrats on the test results!

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 12:15:27 AM »
Glad to hear it was all clear!

And as for that kettle, loving it could be used as a sanity test.....if you don't, you're mad! :)
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 09:29:23 AM »
Glad to hear it was all clear!

And as for that kettle, loving it could be used as a sanity test.....if you don't, you're mad! :)

Thanks Kendoll.  I agree about the sanity test.  I keep Peach in the house...down in my man room where it's safest.  If I had diapers in the house I'd rub that kettle with them I swear.