Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: For you non collectors, would you buy cheap grill if you didn't like the color?  (Read 1832 times)

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
I've been dying for a gas assist Performer and there is one available locally for a good price but its not a preferred color. Its blue. I would prefer Black or Green (lime or hunter). I am not looking to collect multiple kettles so if i get this one i would be selling my existing black one touch platinum (older one table style).

There is a chance i could sell the OTP higher then the performer but it might take until spring as the grill market here in the north east has died out since labor day.Is the gas assist blue better then the black platinum, that is the question I am asking myself...

Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

jmeier64

• WKC Brave
I am only a mild collector, mostly a cooker. While I would like to have certain colors, the color of my cookers is not a big deal to me
First up a nice 3 wheeler red head

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Buy it for functionality now, them keep a look out for your preferred color later.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

kaz

• WKC Brave
Maybe the blue will grow on you? I think 2014 was the last year of the blue so it's a NLA color, while the hunter green is still available.
#grubdubs

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
In the case of a Performer vs a OTP, definitely pick up the Performer for functionality if it's in good condition and a good price.  Worry about color later.   Heck, someone might even want to do a kettle swap with you.

SixZeroFour

Snag that blue for sure if it's in good condition. You can always grab it, then keep an eye out for the other color in the meantime. Blue is a sharp color so you shouldnt have much trouble flipping and making your $ back on it... And like kaz said you may find it grows on you!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Troy

• Statesman
yeah i would totally grab it.

i'm sure there are plenty of people that would swap a black for a blue.

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
I agree with everyone else if I was looking for a performer, it was in good shape and in my price range I would grab it.  My stainless performer is the reddish brown color when I bought it I wasn't that impressed with the color but it grew on me as I used the grill & I like it now. 

namtrag

• WKC Brave
My wife wishes I would have been able to find the blue one...it's her favorite color.  But the dark green I ended up with is just fine.

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
i've never heard of people regretting getting a kettle on this board.

lots of regrets about not snagging one when they had the chance though...

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
i've never heard of people regretting getting a kettle on this board.

lots of regrets about not snagging one when they had the chance though...
That just about nails it! ;)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
Ok I emailed seller. I'll let you know what comes of it. Thanks all.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP