Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoked Brontasaurus Burgers, Chicken & Apple Ala Mode...  (Read 1110 times)

eccj

• WKC Brave
Smoked Brontasaurus Burgers, Chicken & Apple Ala Mode...
« on: October 19, 2014, 05:39:40 AM »
I was watching the games last night when I got hungry. I decided on Burgers & Grilled Zucchini. I got a great deal on some Ground Sirloin yesterday. I remember someone mentioned having trouble finding use for lean ground beef IIRC.

My solution was to add beef fat back into it. The butcher's at Publix can give you up to 2lbs of fat for free if you ask for it. I was only doing a pound so I got a half lb. He was kind enough to chop it into fine bits for me.

I added 20% fat back to make the burgers 70/30. I used Pride of Szeged Steak Seasoning.

Pride of Szeged Chicken Rub is what I used to marinate the chicken for about 3hrs prior to putting it on the grill.

I made a "C" around my drip pan with Hot Coals so that I could cook high temp indirect. I used some small pecan branches (switch size) that I had lying around for smoke.

After getting the burgers on I took 4 small zucchini, sliced them thick, and tossed them in 2 Tsp of EVOO, salt and pepper. 16mins later, they were ready to be taken off!

I had an Apple that I wanted to cook so I cut a hole big enough to hold a slice of butter, I seasoned it with cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. (In the future I'll add turbinado sugar.)

The coals were beginning to die so I added 20 briquette's to the hot coals and let them catch. I also basted the skin with garlic infused EVOO.

After the coals got hot, I added the Brats. I went back inside to finish the FSU/ND game, and I burned the bottom of 3 Brats! LOL! I wanted to hurry up so I put them over direct coals! (A no no if you're not going to watch them)

The temperature was apprx 400 at this point.

Plated is the burger & Zucchini that I ate last night. The apple was the last thing off the grill. I ate it with some Breyer's Vanilla Caramel Gelato! (That gelato is like Crack It's so good!) ;D

The Chicken will be eaten for dinner this afternoon. I may continue this thread (with more pics) if I decide to cook my sides (Collard Greens & Corn Bread) on the kettle!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:27:33 PM by eccj »

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Smoked Brontasaurus Burgers, Chicken & Apple Ala Mode...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 11:33:22 AM »
I'd hit that!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

eccj

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 12:25:57 PM »
I'd hit that!
Thanks Ron! I "hit it" pretty hard myself! ;D

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 07:28:31 PM »
That all looks really good eccj! Now I'm craving a burger and one of those spiced apples and gelato 8)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E