Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Got A Package In The Mail...A Early Birthday Present  (Read 3737 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Got A Package In The Mail...A Early Birthday Present
« on: September 24, 2014, 04:16:58 PM »

Somebody on the left coast sent it.  Wife's calling....gotta go....I'll be back...........
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

GregS

• WKC Performer
Re: Got A Package In The Mail...A Early Birthday Present
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 04:35:54 PM »
pfft..

whipped. 

:o
I only use kettles with lid bales.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 05:38:18 PM »
Okay. Here she is....

I had been looking to get myself a Red 2 tone Mastertouch and 604 got hold of me and was trying to hook me up with something in my price range.  It was looking like it was not going to happen when this little beauty happened along.  The way it worked out this did not put 604 out much and he gifted it to me.  I arranged for shipping and in turn I am sending a little care package back in return.

Without further delay..............

This is the first time I have seen a redhead in the flesh. Wow!!!! I had thought to call this cooker Nails but I think not. She's still way too much of a beauty to do that.  The seal between the lid and bowl of this redhead is almost air tight - this ought to make a amazing smoker.  I think I might name this one Aretha.

Thanks for the gift and the help 604, you be well.

This is a great board with some fine folks here. I have always thought and said the small board is your friend.  I am right on this.

Take care all,

Hoss
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:40:40 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 05:53:20 PM »
Way cool! And a MasterTouch to boot!
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 06:12:24 PM »
Plenty of Time..............

Not sure if this is even possible here guys - but I am gonna give it a shot.  Dad had one of the Red Genesis gassers with the wood side tables in the 80's. We grew up with that thing and it has a good place in my memories.  It now resides at my brother-in-laws.  Dad gave it to him when he got a Vermont Castings and soon regreted it. So when I got my first Kettle and soon began adoring the thing my thoughts drifted back to that red Genesis. 

A 3 wheeler would be nice but a one-touch system enables me to cook on a wood deck under cover during rain and snow. This will be my first redhead and I want her to be beauty and versitile.  I live in Canada so this is a prime consideration.  Shipping is going to be a consideration as well.  I think I have an idea what it is going to cost but I have never done this so will need some advice.  A member in the Detroit area has agreed to help agent so if shipping to Canada is cost prohibitve then an alternative is there.  A trip to Detroit for me is a 3 hour roundtrip drive.

What I am seeking - a 2 tone Red Mastertouch.  Wood handles would be nice but they could be added later.  Condition - as good as possible.  As blemish free as she can be and mintish is my dream. 

The tax man will be sending me a couple hundred bucks shortly and I will have birthday money soon so I figure I better start planning.  Adding more kettles obtained in the States and shipped is not something I forsee myself able to do going forward so I want this one to last me.  Pickings used up here in Canada suck.  What is available for the most part are overpriced black OTS's.  What I am looking for will never turn up where I live.

EDIT:  I figure I will widen my search to include Mastertouch models as well as One Touch Plus and One Touch Silver models.  I am going to Detroit soon so to make this happen I must act. Any and all help in getting me a red would be appreciated.  The model need not have all parts.  Lid, bowl, ash sweep, handles/bail and perhaps ash catcher assembly are really all that are needed.

EDIT 2:  I have a deal and a huge bloody grin on my face.  My thanks go out to those helping me.  Secret agents are at work.
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 06:32:32 PM »
oh man i was kidding, i hope this doesn't cost you lawyer money! 

that would cut into kettle money! 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 06:34:23 PM »
Awesome, I am glad you got it!
AJ  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 08:43:56 PM »
Very nice redhead! Congratulations!

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 11:13:07 PM »
She is a beauty. Congrats.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 11:20:56 PM »
Good stuff Hoss, boy you've got some colour going on now
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

dengland

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 05:04:14 AM »
Beautiful red Hoss

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 05:38:25 AM »
Nice Red head. Are you going to name it?
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 06:25:00 AM »
Very nice looking Redhead, congrats!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

SixZeroFour

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 06:57:36 AM »
I'm so glad this made it to you on time Hoss - A great home for a cool redhead my friend!

Just running out but I will post up the full story a bit later today  8) This was meant to be!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 07:21:47 AM »
"You can't always get want you want."

However, in this case ... You did get what you wanted.

The WKC spirit is alive and well in Canada.  Nice work, fellas.  :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.