Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Scored A NIB Kettle Rotti For $35 Thanks To MacEggs  (Read 2901 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Scored A NIB Kettle Rotti For $35 Thanks To MacEggs
« on: September 21, 2014, 06:33:13 PM »
So I get back from the USA after a meetup with LightningBoldtz last night, (he sold me a beauty Lime), to find a e-mail from MacEggs.  Some crazy person has a NIB Kettle Rotti up on Kijiji (a used site just like craigslist) for the insanse price of $20.  It has been up for about 10 hours so I e-mail the person and say I'll give $30 not $20 if they just hold it for me.  It turns into today and nothing till late this afternoon when I got a e-mail with a phone number.  I call it and get a woman saying all sorts of people have been asking about this....someone wanted it mailed to Montreal...she does not know why so many people are interested but I am the only one who has offered her more than she asked for.  She says take my time...that I can come tomorrow as it is raining out.  I say I want to come tonight.  I am committed to dinner with the wife otherwise I would have been on the road as soon as I hung up.  I try and get through dinner without pissing the wife off....I didn't make it.  She sensed my impatience and sent me on my way.  It was raining some but what was happening that concerned me more was the bloody wind.  Got a van and doing 145 km an hour was a little dicey at times.  Get there just before dark and the woman is standing there with a scowl on her face.  Many more people have contacted her about the Roti, some offering her more money than I have she says.  And she went on the internet and discovered these things sell for $249 up here.  So I ask her what she wants to do as I am not going to pay anything close to that and she says I can have it as that is what she agreed to.  All I had extra was $5 US money left from going into the States so I offered it and she took it.  She calms down and we start talking and it turns out this is not the only Weber piece that never got used....there is a NIB kettle to go with it. Seems the woman's husband got the rotti and the kettle as a gift from his parents and never used them.  Now they are moving and all the excess stuff is going.  The NIB kettle (black) and a cover to go with it went to a charity that sells stuff.  I found out what charity and am going to call them tomorrow. We talked a little more then I got the heck out of there.

Back home:

Motor was tested and all appears to be fine:

I never would have checked the new listings on Kijiji last night or today till later.  Too late to have gotten this most probably.  I put in about $12 gas and $35 so I have $47 into it.  Thanks for the early birthday present Mark.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Scored A NIB Kettle Rotti For $35 Thanks To MacEggs
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 06:41:48 PM »
Fantastic deal, you were mentioning yesterday how the one in the states @ 149 was such a good deal.  What an amazing weekend you had.  Congrats...
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 06:42:40 PM »
You're welcome.  :D

Uuummm ...  We need the story behind that red ... with the new / Euro handle.  ;D ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 06:45:51 PM »
WTF IS THAT RED!!! Please do tell Hoss!!  ;) ;D ;)

Roti's sweet btw... but the RED?!?? w/new style ash catcher and handle?!?
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 06:55:06 PM »
wow!  great score for sure. 

looks like a spankin' new OTG red? 

crazy nice set up!

congrats man! 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 07:38:15 PM »
We need the story behind that red ... with the new / Euro handle.

Not a Red, but a Crimson.  I acquired a new Copper kettle this summer for someone.  It had damage to the lid and bowl.  Weber took 2 months to figure out that it would take another month or so to replace them.  Instead of send another Copper they sent me a lid and bowl for a Crimson as it was quicker.  It too was damaged so they sent another.  I took all the pieces down to the person who I bought the  Copper for and he chose what he wanted and sent me on my way with a Copper bowl/lid and a Crimson bowl/lid.  The Crimson lid I got is euro style (it's name is Harry as it actually has a hair right in the paint of the lid under the vent) and the ash catcher is ordered from Weber by me.  The ash catcher that came with the Copper was 2014 but what I bought from Weber direct is a 2015.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 11:42:33 PM »
Great score on the roti.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 11:55:24 PM »
Quote from: MrHoss
Not a Red, but a Crimson.

I have a crimson 22" as well and like it a lot! Not with the new fancy shmancy new handle thou!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Lerxst

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 03:58:56 AM »
Awesome score!!!
"Woke up this morning thinking - what can I barbecue next!  This is fun!"

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 05:17:26 AM »
Nice score!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......