Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SS Performer, Non-gas assist  (Read 1858 times)

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
SS Performer, Non-gas assist
« on: September 15, 2014, 03:39:44 PM »
I just ordered aand received a 62474 Leg frame for a non-gass issist performer, as seen here: http://help.weber.com/schematics/browse.aspx?all=1&model=801001.

It did not include any feet.  Would feet normally be part of the leg frame?  Did these units ship new with no feet, and with just raw metal square tubes for feet?

This is to use to delete the little castors from my gas assist unit.

Thanks, Pete

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: SS Performer, Non-gas assist
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 01:02:03 AM »
yeah, I think it had pads on the bottom of the side without the wheels.  Con't remember though
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 04:06:47 AM »

small rubber feet. 

but if you delete the casters it may be on a slant.  i'm guessing that the legs on the non-caster models would be longer than the legs with casters.  not sure though, mine aren't side by side to measure.  (i can after work though). 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 07:47:10 AM »

Thanks.  Need to figure out that rubber pad.  They don't happen to be the same as on the end of the top frame do they?

Unfortunately, they don't appear on the schematic and weren't included with my new frame piece.

I purchased the leg frame for the castor-less grill and will swap with my castor frame.  You are right, simply removing the castors would leave the grill on a slant. 

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 08:56:49 AM »
I just spoke with Weber.

They say that the feet on the leg tubes are the same caps as on the top tubes, 4086928.

Odd that they don't appear in the schematic.

At any rate, I have a pair on the way.

Pete

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 09:21:58 AM »
hey pete, i'm glad it worked out.  i thought it felt like rubber but i guess they are just plastic. 

i should order some as well. 

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 09:49:15 AM »
They sure don't seem very heavy duty.  Maybe they were rubber and now all they have are the plastic end caps.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 10:52:57 AM »
rubber would make more sense to keep it from sliding too easily.  sort of a safety thing, i'd think. 

of course using a kettle on a non-level surface wouldn't be a very good idea anyway.