Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: An old Weber box arrived today...  (Read 3981 times)

SixZeroFour

An old Weber box arrived today...
« on: August 22, 2014, 08:56:17 PM »
Before you continue reading here's a quick plug for the WKC eMeet planned for Sept 7th!  ;) We've already got a decent number of members confirmed... the rest of you will probably be BBQ'ing anyways so join in! Details below:
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/meetups-events/thoughts-on-a-wkc-online-cook-day/

Back to what you came for...

Black A-Code:

About a week ago I came across an ad for an "old weber grill" but right at the end of the listing it noted that it was still in the original box. Of course I e-mailed the seller right away hoping they still had it, and somehow they did (The posting was 10 days old!!) After a few e-mails I was pleasantly surprised to learn in was a black MBH. Luckily a good friend from high school lived only 20min away, so the rest is history! I will say I was expecting another box on top of this one when it arrived but somehow it made the journey safe and sound  8)

Here is the unboxing and assembly of my new A-Code Black - hope you enjoy (Warning lot's o pics' !!)

And if that wasn't sweet enough, a second package containing a Corn ' N' Tater ring from Mr BobBQ also arrived! I couldn't resist going after it immediately with some steel wool... Once again my hands are trashed but SO worth it.  ;) Thank you very much Bob, I can't wait to use it!!

Have a great weekend everybody!

Matt
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: An old Weber box arrived today...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:12:02 PM »
JACKPOT!!! That is hot!! Black MBHs are my favorite kind of black kettle. I think Marty has a NOS BNIB 18.5 black A code.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 09:15:15 PM »
That kettle is beautiful!  My A code looks ... well ... cooked on.  :D ;)

I officially anoint you ... The harris of Canada.  ;) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 09:54:37 PM »
Bravo! I'll call that one your time capsule kettle. What a beauty.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 10:29:51 PM »
And if that wasn't sweet enough, a second package containing a Corn ' N' Tater ring from Mr BobBQ also arrived! I couldn't resist going after it immediately with some steel wool... Once again my hands are trashed but SO worth it.  ;) Thank you very much Bob, I can't wait to use it!!

That kettle looks amazing! Congrats on the find... how the hell do you find all of these??  Glad the c&t made it to you... I can't believe how great it looks!  It wasn't the worst looking c&t, but man those things are a b*tch to clean... you've got it sparkling!  Definitely well worth it! Can't wait to see some pics of it in action.

...and thanks for the crimson SJ!  8)
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 06:13:35 AM »
That is amazing. I WANT THAT KETTLE!!!!!
DO you find all of these on CL? Or do you have other ad sources?
How large of an area do you search?

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 07:24:17 AM »
In all this excitement i overlooked the corn n tator ring. Epic score IMO!

Even BNIB that blaik has got that gorgeous orange peel finish!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 07:39:02 AM by Craig »

SixZeroFour

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 12:52:24 PM »
I officially anoint you ... The harris of Canada.  ;) ;)
Thank you sir, that's a huge compliment! but in my mind if you were to compare my collection and Stephen's it would be the equivalent of comparing the power of the Canadian military to that of United States ;) ;D

It wasn't the worst looking c&t, but man those things are a b*tch to clean... you've got it sparkling!
Not at all! Most I see are much worse shape, that was part of the reason I decided to go all-in :) I've been searching for one for awhile now so thanks again for the trade!

That is amazing. I WANT THAT KETTLE!!!!!
DO you find all of these on CL? Or do you have other ad sources?
How large of an area do you search?

90% of my kettles do come from CL but this one I actually found on Kijiji! We live just outside Vancouver BC but travel down through WA state at least once a week so it allows me to keep an eye on areas we pass through all the time. Seattle is about as far as I normally search as it's about a 2-2.5hr drive from here - but again I'm within 30 min of Seattle most weeks. There is very little in terms of old stuff up this way, so most of the collectable stuff I have comes from just across the line.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 01:25:24 PM »
Found on kijiji, eh??!!?   So, you say there's hope for us Ontarians?  :D ;D ;) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »
Wow!!!! I like that kettle, very classy!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

SixZeroFour

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 07:05:28 AM »
Found on kijiji, eh??!!?   So, you say there's hope for us Ontarians?  :D ;D ;) ;)

It was indeed from Kijiji!.... but still not sure if there's hope for you Ontarians  ;) ;D (I was born in Kitchner!)

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 07:19:26 AM »
Unbelievable - what a spectacular grill.  I wouldn't be able to cook on it.  It's too beautiful.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 07:54:33 AM »
AWESOME!

A snapshot in time....

Congrats on a major score, inc. the c&t ring. I want one of those!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

SixZeroFour

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 11:52:52 AM »
Thanks guys, here's a couple with the 78' red...

A few little changes notice between the two: The ash pan of course switched to rolled edge, but up on the lid the Weber handle is riveted so that it faces the other direction from the damper. Also the wheels are EVER so slightly different - without them side by side I wouldn't have even noticed. The newer wheels have a touch more white at the top and bottom edges probably to help stiffen up the cracking out whitewalls? and the Weber word itself if slightly stretched.

Matt

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 12:04:39 PM »
I've got a '78 Chocolate with the original wheels and the inner hub has a slightly longer "axle" socket then the later wheels. Making the '78 wheels sit tight just like the older plastic and half rubber wheels do. The newer modern wheels have a little more "play" to them.

Oh and
#smokinghotredhead

#beautifulbrunette

:)