Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brownie "Coppermist" Go Anywhere found  (Read 7670 times)

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
Re: Brownie Go Anywhere found
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2014, 06:43:18 PM »
Love the fade.  Super nice score Jeff! 

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2014, 07:18:20 PM »

" the other top vent has "B" and a "D"

It's A DEMO !!!

You found a DEMO G. A.  !!!!!!!!!

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2014, 07:23:19 PM »
That fade takes my breath away.  Mmmmmm.
One of the charcoal people.

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2014, 08:01:02 PM »
Wow, that thing is BEAUTIFUL   Thanks for the pics!   ;D
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2014, 09:07:38 PM »
Go home top vent, you're drunk!
If it breathes, we can cook it!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2014, 03:30:59 AM »

" the other top vent has "B" and a "D"

It's A DEMO !!!

You found a DEMO G. A.  !!!!!!!!!

Now that WOULD be something if you were right!  :)
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2014, 03:32:07 AM »
What an amazing find.  Congrats Jeff.  This has got to be one of the best finds of the year.  :)

Thanks Dan!  I think I might put this find a little bit behind the Westerners....but ONLY a little bit!  :)

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2014, 04:49:41 AM »
Wow that is awesome.  Nothing like that nice ever pops up around my area.  A brownie Go Anywhere would be great.  Only thing I would like more would be a blue one or one of each.  Lol
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2014, 05:57:05 AM »
That's a great find. Incredible really.

With one vent a B and the other a B and D, one has to assume it wasn't boxed for sale until '82, right?

I have a WSM with 2 of the vents stamped C and 2 others stamped C and D. Not sure what's up with that.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2014, 06:07:17 AM »
I am guessing the vent codes were a carryover from a previous year. I wonder what day they switch? Is it Dec 31?  Hmm..  Either way its an awesome find. Its probably the only 2 tone fade GA we'll see for a while.. 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2014, 07:51:31 AM »

With one vent a B and the other a B and D, one has to assume it wasn't boxed for sale until '82, right?

I have a WSM with 2 of the vents stamped C and 2 others stamped C and D. Not sure what's up with that.

I have an 'A' code CGA... both vents simply stamped w/ the 'A'. I haven't seen a dual letter vent code prior to Jeff's brownie fade.

This thread has some catalog pics... it was originally available in black, red, and "chocolate". Nothing about a fade, though...
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2014, 08:01:46 AM »

I have an 'A' code CGA... both vents simply stamped w/ the 'A'. I haven't seen a dual letter vent code prior to Jeff's brownie fade.

This thread has some catalog pics... it was originally available in black, red, and "chocolate". Nothing about a fade, though...

Thanks Bob.  The mystery thickens!  So Greg is the only person to have seen a Coppermist or "Brownie" GA like this one? 
We almost need a thread for GA's by themselves.  I know the Aussies boys have some other ones.  Blue, Grey, Red.  I've seen photos once of a dark green one.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2014, 08:11:01 AM »

"Thanks Bob.  The mystery thickens!  So Greg is the only person to have seen a Coppermist or "Brownie" GA like this one? 
We almost need a thread for GA's by themselves.  I know the Aussies boys have some other ones.  Blue, Grey, Red.  I've seen photos once of a dark green one."

I will step out of the penalty box for a moment. Jeff mine was also a mist, hard to forget. These must be a gem, as I was told at one time, it
did not exist. At least now it is verified with more than just my remembered visual.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2014, 08:17:28 AM »
Greg...who told you it didn't exist?  Anyone of reputable credentials?

So Greg...tell us about that day at the Landfill.  The last day you held your Brownie Coppermist fade GA before the abandoning her.  Did you set her down on top of an old, cracked porcelain sink?  Did you turn and look back at her while walking away...or just make a clean, painless break from that poor gem?  Go ahead...tell us about it.  We're here for you!  :)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2014, 09:03:25 AM »
Greg...who told you it didn't exist?  Anyone of reputable credentials?

So Greg...tell us about that day at the Landfill.  The last day you held your Brownie Coppermist fade GA before the abandoning her.  Did you set her down on top of an old, cracked porcelain sink?  Did you turn and look back at her while walking away...or just make a clean, painless break from that poor gem?  Go ahead...tell us about it.  We're here for you!  :)

Not sure my insurance will cover the therapy rehashing this. Had a storm hammer our home. Well the dumpster was there, bride had me do some
house cleaning. Needless to say(Pre-Weberitis) It went in and out of the dumpster. I had it my possession at least 20+ years. It made many moves with me and very limited cooks. Always have had a black 22. Wife gave me the three year ruling, it had not been used... Now off to therapy!