Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone know how old this is?  (Read 3100 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Anyone know how old this is?
« on: November 17, 2012, 01:33:31 AM »
Can anyone tell me approximately how old this Performer is? I don't have a lot of knowledge about the older Performers. This one looks clean. They're asking a bundle for it though..

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/hsh/3414809412.html
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Anyone know how old this is?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 04:04:58 AM »
Hey Rams fan...that model Performer's first year was 1990.  I believe that made it with the stainless tables up to 2005, then the plastic table one came along.  Im guessing this one is at least a 2000 or newer.  The last few years had that black top vent tab as opposed to the whiteish colored one.  This one looks "like" new, and has provisions for the BBQ Guru.   I don't know the price for a Guru, but I know they aren't cheap.  Still...at 250 bucks asking price, you could pretty much go get a brand new Performer for 50.00 more. 
I'm not sure where you live, but if you're patient for summer time, Im sure Clist will net you a nice Performer grill and a much cheaper price!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 06:37:26 AM »
It's nice, but not 250.00 nice. I agree with Jeff. Be patient and a better deal will come along.
Ken.
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 08:16:18 AM »
I agree with Jeff its a newer one based on the updated ash catcher. That's a really clean specimen though and the cover is pretty rare. The cover sells for $50 if you can find it.  Were you interested in a DigiQ? If so, the package may be worth it, esp if you can talk him down a bit. The other drawback with the DigiQ is that the kettle was permanently modded.

"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »
Maybe you should offer him 100, citing the fact that he seems to have put the cover on overtop of a plate of pork.  ;-)
One of the charcoal people.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 01:38:33 PM »
Maybe you should offer him 100, citing the fact that he seems to have put the cover on overtop of a plate of pork.  ;-)
Oh wow...good catch!  I hope thats not whats under the cover!!!   And also, whats with that piece of wood going across the charcoal container????
Kettle collector AND cooker!

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 02:36:47 PM »
I'm not interested in buying it. I have a brand new 2013 Performer. I was just curious as to how old it was. I'm not real familiar with the changing styles and designs of the Performer through the years. I thought maybe this one might be from the early/mid 1990's?
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 02:54:49 PM »
Oh my that has got to be the pork still under the cover :o :o. P.s. thanks for the red head ramsfan I'll be cleaning her up real soon ;D
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 03:07:19 PM »
 ???

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 01:25:33 AM »
Send me a pic of that yellow one I sold you when you get it finished.

ROB_STANG2000

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 08:14:01 AM »
I was looking at this also way more than I would spend on a used grill.  I thought i would offer 100 bucks but figured it wasn’t worth it.  But I may have to offer him 100 bucks and ask about the pork under the cover?

Ramsfan are you selling any more girlls?
Proud owner of a Lime Green22.5, Red 22.5 silver, Black 22.5 Silver 18.5 custom , two smoky Joes witch one has been converted to a custom smoker,  a Weber Summit Silver, and a UDS.