Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SJ Date Codes  (Read 1245 times)

saxart

• WKC Ranger
SJ Date Codes
« on: July 27, 2014, 07:12:34 PM »
Does anybody know when (date code) Weber changed SJ designs from this 3-vent style:  (Beautiful picture stole from a post by "Salad")

To the later style as shown on the right in this photo?

I've seen the earlier "3-wheeler" style with C-code, so I know they lasted that long.  Curious to hear about D, E, and F-codes.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 07:16:36 PM by saxart »
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

SixZeroFour

Re: SJ Date Codes
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 09:06:34 AM »
Sorry Art, wish I had some useful info to contribute... my latest 3-wheeler is a "C" as well and then the next closest is a sideways K
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 03:59:33 PM »
They transitioned to the single bottom vent/ wire legs with ash pan design in 1983. I have an '83 E code three wheeler and have seen E Codes with the later design. 

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 07:57:58 PM »
They transitioned to the single bottom vent/ wire legs with ash pan design in 1983. I have an '83 E code three wheeler and have seen E Codes with the later design.

Craig-
Thanks so much, this is EXACTLY the info I was looking for.   (This is why the forum is such a GREAT place to hang out!)

Looks like I'll have to figure out a good way to explain to the bride why we need to have a total of FIVE (A-E Code) BLACK three-wheelers kicking around. ::)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:02:28 PM by saxart »
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 07:30:06 AM »

Looks like I'll have to figure out a good way to explain to the bride why we need to have a total of FIVE (A-E Code) BLACK three-wheelers kicking around. ::)

Because no two are the same.... That's my go to explanation..