Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red Smokey Joe?  (Read 11924 times)

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
Re: Red Smokey Joe?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 07:37:07 PM »
Jeff,
Are all those Joe's yo's?
I mean, are all those Smokey Joe grills yours?
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 07:39:23 PM »
I got that white one from the little Weber store in Palatine.  Got lucky with this one.  The workers in there know I collect the non black ones.  They said, I think we have something you'd be interested in.  They brought it out in the box.  I bought it and they gave me a big discount to boot!
The brown one is an old Smokey Joe.  It has the handle attached to the top vent and is offset like you see it.  You spin the handle to open and close the top vent.  I think its from the late 60's or early 70's.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 07:43:06 PM by Jeff »
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 07:40:07 PM »
Jeff,

Yup...Im tryin to stay ahead of the game with Terry...he's trying to catch up to me!  LOL

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 07:46:49 PM »
The white one was a very nice find! And the handle on your brown one has given me an idea on how I can mount a handle on a SJS bottom that will become the top on another mini project I'm working on.

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 07:49:19 PM »
Jeff, have you cooked with the brown one at all? How do the three bottom vents work for you? There's a SJ on CL available with three vents, but I wonder if would work well as a mini, that's a lot of vents to contend with. On the other hand, the WSM has the same set up...

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 07:59:31 PM »
Chad...Ive never cooked on the brown one, its new never used.  But yes, similar setup to the WSM.  Would give you more control of your temps than the SJS.  Here is another option Ive seen on how to open and close the vents on your future SJS mini smoker.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:12:46 PM by Jeff »

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 08:09:16 PM »
That's what I use on the bottom for vent control with my current mini. I'm also guessing that there wouldn't be as much of a vent clogging issue with the three vents set up the way they are. The current SJS needs a can with holes at the top to prevent clogging. Setting up three vents with little handles might look strange too, but could work well. I emailed the guy with the three vented SJ, hopefully it's still available.

I suppose as old and collectable as your "Brownie" is, you wouldn't want to cook on that. Looks very nice, great find!!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2012, 08:14:07 PM »
I think thats why alot of people use the base from a Smokey Joe Gold for this project.  The placement of the vents on that bowl will never close because they are so high up.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 03:06:25 AM »
Jeff,

Yup...Im tryin to stay ahead of the game with Terry...he's trying to catch up to me!  LOL

Slowly getting there Jeff, lol! I've got 2 lime green, a navy blue, a copper, a grey, and a 1981 black.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 03:59:24 AM »
I've got 2 lime green, a navy blue, a copper, a grey, and a 1981 black.

Terry, you got a pick of them all together?
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 04:01:21 AM »
Never mind, I think I found it!

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 04:02:26 AM »
Hey Terry, Where did you get the copper one?

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 06:32:21 AM »
Copper one used to be sold at Target...I got mine from someone on here along with the grey and corona blue. Stu was selling so I took all of them off his hands.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 07:23:28 AM »
Here's mine, along with the black one. The red BUDWEISER is a '97 (EI) the black is an '88 (K). Both of these are new, not yet used. I almost pulled out the red one to warm my coals when I cooked my turkey on the 22.5 the other night.

Craig

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 07:52:05 AM »
i'm almost willing to sell mine - but there are already 2 people who have called dibs on it