Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First long(er) smoking attempt / snake method / beef ribs / in progress  (Read 1804 times)

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
I've had a WSM for longer smokes (got rid of it), and now use my Green Mountain pellet grill for smokes over an hour or two. The Green Mountain Grill is boring though, and I have the whole day off, so I thought why not give the snake method a whirl on the Performer?

I ran up to Fry's Grocery and took a look around and they had beef ribs for $2.19 a lb. Score. I also stopped by the drive through liquor store and they had Red Stripe on sale for $6.00 a 12 pack. Today's my lucky day I guess.

Anyway, here's a few pics. The meaty rack is rubbed down with olive oil and some Stubbs rub. The other one is just olive oil, kosher salt and some pepper.  Hickory chunks for smoke.The plan is to leave these on for about 4 hours.

The other pics are some "fried" chicken I did the other night with sake bombers being the beverage of choice. Whoever posted the recipe for the chicken is a genius. Good stuff.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Looks very good!
I am going to try that chicken recipe in a few days myself.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

HankB

• WKC Performer
Results on the ribs? Time and temp? Pix?

We need to know! ;)
kettles, smokers...

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
Awesome looking chicken!!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador

"so I thought why not give the snake method a whirl on the Performer?"

Indeed, why not !!!!

These chicken cookups are looking good......yours' is certainly no exception !!!!

Results on the ribs? Time and temp? Pix?

We need to know! ;)

+1
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
Sorry guys. I meant to post last night, but I think the server was down for the site.

Here's a couple of shots maybe 10 minutes before I pulled them off. I decided to sauce the rack with the Stubbs rub and definitely preferred that one. I put too much sauce on, but I blame that partially on the lighting and more so on the booze.

The cooking time was somewhere around four and a half hours. I'm not exactly sure as the Performer timer resets itself to 0O:00 at some point. 90 minutes maybe? The snake method was a breeze. I ran around 225 to 250 for most of the cook. Temperature control was done at the top vent with minor adjustments.

Happy Fathers Day to all you Dad's out there.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 08:45:40 AM by AZ Monsoon »

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Very nice!! Snake / fuse method .... set-it-and-forget-it.  :D ;) 8)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador

Can You Spell......Y.U.M.S.T.E.R.A.M.A. !!!!

Those look GREAT !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"