Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoked Blue Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers On The Jumbo Joe  (Read 1454 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Smoked Blue Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers On The Jumbo Joe
« on: June 06, 2014, 04:06:27 PM »
Been putting the $35 NIB Jumbo Joe through some cooks since getting it this past Saturday.  Yesterday was grilled blue cheese burgers and they were good but I thought some smoke would combine well with them.  Had enough meat left for one normal and one jumbo burger so tonight I gonna find out if I was correct.  The meat was seasoned yesterday so it was perfect for cooking today.  I made a small chamber using firebricks for smoking and filled it with lump and topped with a small chunklett of white oak.  Temp was high....200f or so....as a result I only smoked these for about 25 minutes.  Had to pull em' fast so no pics.  Stored in the microwave for about ten minutes while I rearanged the charcoal grate and got some more lump going, then onto the grill.  Partway through the cook:

When the seams look like they might split I move them off the heat and close the lid for abit:

Buns toast fast thanks to the high coal bed on this baby:

Thin mayo on the top of the bun, good dijon mustard, onions, s+p on the burger:

Money shot:

I have made burgers the equal of this one but never have I made one better.  Should you have served me this with sides and charged me $18 I would have been happy.  Now I can make it for less than $2.  Boys, if you like blue cheese you GOTTA try making a batch of these babies up - it is about 30 minutes since I ate and the combination of oak, blue cheese and beef persists in my mouth.  It is actually making me salivate I write this.  Wow.  I have been smoking burgers then grilling them or cast iron frying them for about a year and a half now.  Big burger man I am so I have done them quite abit.  The wife asks for them and I have made men swear by them and about them.  Tonight I coulda had a sign up that read, "Damn Good Served Here".

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:15:48 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
Re: Smoked Blue Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers On The Jumbo Joe
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 04:42:12 PM »
Now that looks righteous, I do love me a kickass burger and that combo has been on my menu for a while.
Me thinks this weekend will suffice to satiate the craving for a well crafted burger.
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
Re: Smoked Blue Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers On The Jumbo Joe
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 04:39:27 AM »
Nothing is better than a well cooked/made burger. My favorite thing to eat. Your's looks great!
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-