Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Warming rack score... and then some...  (Read 3568 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Warming rack score... and then some...
« on: June 05, 2014, 08:16:26 PM »
So back in mid-April, I traded my warming rack to another member for a Corn N Tater ring. It was a bit of an internal struggle for me... I owned the warming rack for many years; got it before I even had a Weber kettle, and used it frequently. I wasn't too sure that the Corn N Tater ring would get enough use to justify getting rid of the warming rack. Plus, I already have four of the Corn N Tater "holders" (courtesy of landgraftj). I went ahead and made the deal, figuring I can just fabricate a warming rack from an old grill grate. Haven't gotten around to my DIY warming rack, and no longer really need to...

Thanks to SixZeroFour, a brand new warming rack found it's way to the front porch today!  He happened upon an unused warming rack (see here)

He also offered a free Grill Works rib rack (see here)

...which is also in my possession.

Many, many thanks, SixZeroFour... the spirit of the WKC is alive in this guy, I tell ya!

I love this place!

...and yes, the Corn N Tater ring has gotten several workouts already... as have the Corn N Tater holders...
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

SixZeroFour

Re: Warming rack score... and then some...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 09:36:33 PM »
My pleasure Bob - hope you put the warming rack to good use!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 11:53:07 PM »
Waitaminute, am I to understand that SixZeroFour bought the last two warming racks, then sent *both* of them to WKC members??  He didn't keep one for himself?  That's amazing.
One of the charcoal people.

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 01:59:46 AM »

Waitaminute, am I to understand that SixZeroFour bought the last two warming racks, then sent *both* of them to WKC members??  He didn't keep one for himself?  That's amazing.
That's the way it sounds! Mine is on its way. Thanks SixZeroFour I can't wait to use mine.
A Wonderful Family!!!

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 03:36:50 AM »
Nice Bob, glad to see things worked out for you. How do those corn n tater singles work for ya?
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 07:32:59 AM »

About a month before I found the two new racks a "decent" condition warmer came along with one of my SS performer purchases. My OCD took over and I proceeded to scrub it to like new form absolutely trashing my hands with the steel wool in the process. I think I have about an hour and a half hard labour into that thing so I have a certain special attachment to it.  ;)

I've also had some ridiculous luck in the Weber department lately (both here and on CL) so I figured keep the Kettle Karma a' flowin!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 08:17:39 AM »

About a month before I found the two new racks a "decent" condition warmer came along with one of my SS performer purchases. My OCD took over and I proceeded to scrub it to like new form absolutely trashing my hands with the steel wool in the process. I think I have about an hour and a half hard labour into that thing so I have a certain special attachment to it.  ;)

I've also had some ridiculous luck in the Weber department lately (both here and on CL) so I figured keep the Kettle Karma a' flowin!

Now THAT is what I'm talking about!  WKC, FTW!!
One of the charcoal people.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 12:27:01 PM »
Kudos SixZeroFour.  8)
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Thunder71

• WKC Brave
    • Civil Response Firearms Training
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »
Nice score! I'd love to have a warming rack, been looking ever since I got my kettle last year. I didn't think it would be this difficult to find one.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 01:30:09 PM »
Nice Bob, glad to see things worked out for you. How do those corn n tater singles work for ya?

I actually like them more than the ring. I've only filled up the ring completely one time, so it's not needed every time. I also like the fact that they are mobile... the holders (which are actually "doubles", not "singles") can be moved around the grill grate if needed, w/o having to pick up the whole ring, or rotate the taters that are on the ring.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"