Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Patent Pending Red 22  (Read 2112 times)

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
Patent Pending Red 22
« on: June 05, 2014, 04:34:16 PM »
The newest addition to my collection.  ;D  It is  a Patent Pending with small tabs on the bowl vents and metal wheels.

Heres how i found it:

I have four college interns that I supervise at work, taking soil samples over a five county area. I told them about my Weber Kettle collection and asked them to keep an eye out for any colored Webers. I even offered to treat them to lunch as a finders fee.  They have become quite excited about it and have reported a number of black kettle sightings. When I was first talking to them about it, one of them said that his family had a red kettle that they no longer used out in a shed. He dug it out and sent me photos. I asked him to see if they would be interested in selling it.

Today after work we went to his parents house and I was able to purchase it.  8)

Here it is:

Here it is with my other Redhead:

Unfortunately they used the ash pan inside the grill Happy Cooker style, which pretty much destroyed it.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:51:25 PM by Dan NY »
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Patent Pending Red 22
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 05:04:08 PM »
Nice score! Looks like metal wheels with the plastic hubs? Indicative of some early PAT PENDINGS.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 05:18:08 PM »
Nice score! Looks like metal wheels with the plastic hubs? Indicative of some early PAT PENDINGS.

Yes they are metal wheels with rubber tread and plastic "hubcaps". Pat Pending was from '68 - '70 correct? Do we know which year they switched to plastic wheels?

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 05:23:10 PM »
Not exactly.  There was also a transitional half rubber/plastic rimmed wheels that followed these.

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 06:15:56 PM »
Nice pair of reds!...excellent use of student resources.
NYC Kettle Hunter (where <30 min drives do not exist)

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 06:32:11 PM »
Dan NY
Great looking red heads. It good that you train the interns to figure out what the people around them are into and that will help in networking in the future from the old timers. Not say your old or timer! haha The next thing is to teach them how to cook on a weber!

Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 06:38:38 PM »
Dan NY
Great looking red heads. It good that you train the interns to figure out what the people around them are into and that will help in networking in the future from the old timers. Not say your old or timer! haha The next thing is to teach them how to cook on a weber!

Every year at the end of the summer we take the interns out for lunch. This year we are going to go to a coworker's cabin for a cookout.  I plan to bring a couple grills to do some teaching.  :)