Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thinking about gas....  (Read 3950 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Thinking about gas....
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 02:59:48 PM »
Can't argue with the Q for light duty.

Can anyone comment on the functionality of the old gassers vs. new? I like the minimalist look of the older ones without the doors and such.
Hopefully Bman will jump in here, as he definitely knows gassers.
 In the '80s and '90s the Genesis grills had 13 flavorizor bars and a deeper grill box.
The late '90s and early '00s had 5 flavorizors and a shallower box. Both generations have basically the same manifold and burners.
Sometime in the mid '00s they dropped the "East/West" burner configuration for the current "North /South" set up.
The old gassers are some of the best gas grills ever made and parts are plentiful. The E/W configuration is often sought out for rotisserie use.
My 2¢.

Interesting info. Seems like quite a drop in the number of flav bars from 13 to 5, but I don't know anything about the designs. All I know is like the earlier ones with natural wood.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch