Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Poll

If you could only have one style of venting system, which would it be?

Daisy Wheels/"3 wheeler"
7 (25.9%)
One Touch (Silver or Gold)
20 (74.1%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Our Survey Says!? Daisy Wheels or One Touch  (Read 1649 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Our Survey Says!? Daisy Wheels or One Touch
« on: May 28, 2014, 07:07:56 AM »
I know this has come up before in a regular thread, but I wanted to take a poll on this. This is not intended to spark a heated debate (no pun intended), just a personal preference question.  ;)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Our Survey Says!? Daisy Wheels or One Touch
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 07:56:08 AM »
Opinions are served by needs and perceptions. I like 'em both under different circumstances. Overall I lean towards One Touch w/ ashcan but do not appreciate having to rehab them if/when rust takes out the system. That aspect is a design failure IMO borne about by cost considerations.

Q: Which camera is best?

A: The one you brought with you.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 09:20:31 AM »
For general ease of use due to the ash bucket, I would say One Touch, assuming you've got a gold.  If you've got a siler that just has the tray, then I would say 3-wheeler for the nostalgia.  I like them both.

crazej36

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 10:19:50 AM »
Daisy wheels are nice for low and slow but over all with clean up I have to go one touch .
91 kettle black , 22.5 OTG black, 18.5 OTS black, 76 Red Head MBH, 18.5in Smokey Mountain .

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 10:47:44 AM »
Craig, not trying to be difficult, but I cannot really answer your poll as presented.

I would take a OTG over a three wheeler for cooking..... But I would take a daisy wheel over an OTS......

yep, the ash pan makes that much of a difference.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 10:48:07 AM »
For general ease of use due to the ash bucket, I would say One Touch, assuming you've got a gold.  If you've got a siler that just has the tray, then I would say 3-wheeler for the nostalgia.  I like them both.

ha, this exactly.