Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Today's score (SS Performer)  (Read 1339 times)

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
Today's score (SS Performer)
« on: May 24, 2014, 10:27:09 AM »
I saw this on CL 3 weeks back for $100 but it never got deleted. Then at some point the price dropped to $75, so I sent an email. I figured the person hadn't sold it because all the replies were going in to his spam folder. Well I got a reply almost immediately. I traded messages for a couple days and finally spoke with the seller today. Went and picked it up for $75.

He claimed the ignition didn't work, but when I looked under it, the ground wire had come loose. I popped it back on and immediately got a flame. The flame is near non existent so I'm going to clean the burner tube and get the tank filled and inspected. I'm hoping that it is just low or out of gas. If not, I'll be on the lookout for a treelawn POS that I can steal a regulator off of. Does need two swivel casters but I know they have them at Home Depot for $5. The frame is also a bit wobbly so I'm not sure how I can tighten that up. Maybe I'll just swap bowls with my blue SS Performer frame and make one really good condition one. BTW, even had the original owners manual, and the ash sweeper works perfect, the pan isn't drooping, and it even has the original charcoal baskets.

GreenPerformer by mikeinctown, on Flickr

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Today's score (SS Performer)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 10:33:34 AM »
That is worth $75 all day long....where I live double that at least.  Beauty score.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 10:40:14 AM »
Nice score!!  Switch the wheels around while you're shoring up the frame.

Apparently the seller was another one of those guys who thinks directions are someone else's opinion.

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 11:22:38 AM »
Nice job on the score!
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 03:20:08 PM »
Nice score!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 05:42:34 PM »
Nice, Mike. Nothing wrong with a $75 SS performer complete and in good shape.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 04:32:36 PM »
Nice score!!  Switch the wheels around while you're shoring up the frame.

Apparently the seller was another one of those guys who thinks directions are someone else's opinion.

I couldn't figure out what you meant until I looked at my blue. Then I realized that he put the cart together backwards.